Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • mech hanger for horizontal dropouts?
  • johnduke
    Free Member

does anybody have experience of running a rear mech on a single speed frame with horizontal dropouts?

I’ve been google investigating and think this would make it possible:

http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/shimano-shimano-rear-gear-hanger-bracket-fixing-bolt-prod406/

has anyone used one of these or any alternatives?

johnduke
    Free Member

actually that looks like it’s meant for forward facing drop outs, I’m thinking of rear facing ones on something like a cotic soul, could it still be used? or is there something else…

Brainflex

Dmr do some chain tugs with a mech hangeron em, I got some from CRC.

palmer77
    Free Member

I have one on this bike if you are interested (frame only :))

funkynick

I’ve used the DMR chain tugs with the mech hanger on my Pompino before. As above, I got mine from CRC and they work just fine.

johnduke
    Free Member

thanks palmer77 but I have a frame in mind already.
    the chain tugs look good for the job, can you take the wheel out easily using them? do the tugs have to come out with the wheel every time?

tomhughes46

I have some of the chain tugs that I used on my P1, the DS has been slightly filed so it fitted the frame.

Will take some pics tonight if you are interested? CRC price is £18. Make me an offer…

mr [underscore] sceptical at hotmail dot com

And yes, they come out with the wheel, I used them on a bolt up wheel, QR might be more of a faff.

johnduke
    Free Member

thanks, don’t worry about pics as I’m not ready to buy yet.
    so it looks like if you take the wheel out you’re pulling out the tug with the rear mech attached which must be more than a little awkward?

funkynick

You just need to undo the end of the quick release and slide the chain tug and rear mech off the end before removing the wheel… it’s a bit more hassle, but not a huge amount.

Tracey

Dont know if you can buy one but my Chameleon has got one

palmer77
    Free Member

I have both the DMR ones and the Chameleon ones. The Chameleon ones are better because they stay in place when you take the rear wheel out.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘mech hanger for horizontal dropouts?’ is closed to new replies.