Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Me and cycling technology
  • oldgit
    Free Member

For those that know me, those that I’ve infuriated and just downright annoyed, well I think I’m about to change and embrace the technology.

For 2013 my club got some sponsorship to develop a race team. I should say I’m the oldest and not a contender in anyway. As part of the deal we have to commit to at least ten road races. And to help us we have a coach and a nutritionist on board.

Today we had another race team training day and worked with power meters, well some did not all.
    I’m ****ing hooked. Banging out 320 watts at this time of year I’m told is okay.
    I’ve got a DVD to help explain, but TBH the needle keeps slipping off?

What’s the cheapest way into power meters?

MrSmith
    Free Member

Are you still eating steak before a race and riding fixed in winter 😆

RobHilton
    Free Member

the needle keeps slipping off

:mrgreen: superb!

compositepro
    Free Member

power meter? waste of money if you ask me and this is proven by the entirity of pro cycling
    they put power meters on their bikes because they get them for free and sounds technically ace

what you need from what i have read is this

http://www.bikeradar.com/road/news/article/paniagua-epo-coffee-just-in-36109/

then upgrade to the real stuff

oldgit
    Free Member

Are you still eating steak before a race and riding fixed in winter

No
    And
    I’ve just bought a track frame 😳

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

a PowerTap hub is my power device of choice, coupled with my Garmin head unit.

I guess one could be had for around four to five hundred pounds for a complete wheel. People moan that you need one for your race wheels and one for your training pair, but if the lead groups up the road it doesn’t matter what your numbers are, just chase like crazy.

RustySpanner

You’re allowed to drink water and play with the Mrs before races now. 😀

Carrying spare tyres looped over your shoulders is no longer de rigour.
    Wooden rims are falling out of fashion.
    Lycra might just replace knitted wool – perverts!
    Smoking during a long race is frowned upon now.
    Rod brakes have some inherent disadvantages.

Good luck with the 21st century 🙂

Changed your mind about discs yet?

lazybike
    Free Member

I think there’s a German firm doing a crank based meter, 700 ish Euros, powertap seems the most popular..

oldgit
    Free Member

Changed your mind about discs yet?

No not really, I’ll accept it when it happens. I’d go integral like Ridley if I was shelling out today.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Me and cycling technology’ is closed to new replies.