Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • McCullin documentary
  • noteeth
    Free Member

Excellent film – well worth catching.

deft
    Free Member

Looking forward to it, but waiting for the DVD – not paying £9 or whatever it was to stream it from a website!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Think that’s coming to the ChinStrokerShed soon innit noteeth? I’m sure I saw ads for it while I was on the road to hell at cinebabies this morning. 🙂

Philby

Saw an exhibition of his photos some years ago – very powerful and moving pictures of war zones such as Vietnam as well as slum areas of places such as Bradford. Hope the film is still on for another week as can’t get to see it this week.

noteeth
    Free Member

the ChinStrokerShed

Indeed – watched it in said ‘shed. Early afternoon showing, so cheaper! 8)

His photos remain deeply shocking – and McCullin is clearly a haunted man (though you never doubt his conviction). Hope the Zummerzet countryside affords him some Peace.

binners

This looks great! We saw his exhibition at the imperial war museum. There were people crying looking at the images, that are even more powerful on a large scale than in print!

His own story was fascinating too. Apparently Thatcher personally made sure he got nowhere near the Falklands, on Reagans recommendation that his images contributed massively to them losing the Vietnam war!

binners

Oops! Double post!

hamishthecat
    Free Member

His autobiography is a good if somewhat depressing read. As said – he is not very comfortable with himself.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Thanks for this! Will look for it!

Some of the most arresting images ever taken have come from his lens.
    Like this;

and

noteeth
    Free Member

Indeed, CFH. A second later, that Marine throwing the grenade (during the Hue battle) had his hand pretty much shot off…

His photographs from Biafra are desperately sad – the section of the film where he describes what he saw is very tough viewing.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘McCullin documentary’ is closed to new replies.