Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • M.C. – Christmas 1914 trench amnesty rules
  • nemesis
    Free Member

Apologies, I haven’t played in a while so I am probably a little rusty but…

… sideways chimney sweep to Parsons Green – Hanover convention rule.

Cougar

Oh I say sir, your rust is showing.

Change at Embankment for Mornington Crescent.

nemesis
    Free Member

Er…. I may be a bit rusty but I still know the hangdog rule so you clearly can’t do that without going via Embankment and that’s red blocked from Onzadog’s move.

As such, I call Knightsbridge.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Rusty indeed, very well done Cougar.

EDIT:- I may have missed that. Do we need to call for an adjudicator? Given that your play stopped mine being too aggressive, I might not be considered impartial enough on this one.

nemesis
    Free Member

Ahem…

nemesis
    Free Member

Or are we playing Berlin contraption rules? (does anyone still play those?)

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

Funnily enough, that’s the reason I’m late back to the game. Never play strip bridge on a Tuesday night with Dusseldorf Helga, she really does stick to the Berlin contraption rules 😯 It’ll be sore tomorrow.

On which note, Shepherd’s Bush

Onzadog
    Free Member

On which note, Shepherd’s Bush

Helga keeps sheep as well?

ninfan
    Free Member

Well, it’s a bold move, but I would like to play a left handed variation of Firmingtons gambit!

Amersham

Onzadog
    Free Member

Are lefties allowed under 1914? Always been a bit hazy about that.

Cougar

Er…. I may be a bit rusty but I still know the hangdog rule so you clearly can’t do that without going via Embankment and that’s red blocked from Onzadog’s move.

Wait a minute, wait a minute, wait a minute.

You’re right of course, but you forget I picked up a black token right at the start of the game. The black token explicitly trumps the red block (see “Russett’s Gambit” in Appendix B) and opens up the entire Northern Line. From there, as you say, it’s trivial to change at Embankment for MC.

To be fair I should specified that I was playing my token, but I presumed that it was fairly obvious what I was doing.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Penge

ourmaninthenorth

Cougar – I’m pretty certain you need to have invoked the Maginot Amendment (3rd ed if I’m not mistaken) to be able to play your token. And since Cap’n’s slipped in Penge you’re miw definitely blocked for three turns.

Which neatly allows me Hendon Central

grahamt1980

As Hendon Central is on the zone boundary I am taking the epping forest ruling on transverse steps and going to Leytonstone

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Sorry to do this. But. Bob Crow. Miss a turn.

therealhoops
    Free Member

Sorry for the delay, I was getting some adjudication on Cougar’s Bank-to-MC move. I thought I’d seen it before and I was right. The Right Reverend, Reverend Cluster used it during an international friendly in 1921 at the Vatican whilst building trade relations with Togo. Some of you might remember Cluster as “Mortar, Vicar?” for his use of diagonal moves during the Tour of India ’62.
    In a mixture of blind luck and epic genius, the move does stand, well done Coug.

As with all WW1 fixtures it is customary for the victor to hand out sherry and chocolate.

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘M.C. – Christmas 1914 trench amnesty rules’ is closed to new replies.