Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Mbr – Six new rides for 2013. Am I missing something?
  • bren2709

Recently bought Jan 2013 edition of MBR, got to page 15 “The Buzz” the hottest new trails just opened or coming soon.
    It states the following for Whinatter,

“The Altura trail has recently reopened after some serious rework, adding 15km of new Singletrack to the existing track.
    There are berms, jumps, rock features, skinnies, corkscrews and tabletops to enjoy, and an easier blue, the Quercus trail.”

Surely the work being caries out for such a length would be noticeable and talked about?
    As for the Quercus this has been open for the last 2 years if not more.

colin27
    Free Member

I’m glad someone else brought that up. Been wondering exactly the same thing.

druidh
    Free Member

The letter F?

trevron73
    Free Member

I fink a lower case f

bren2709

Thank you now edited.
    Dam iPads! 😉

bren2709

Anyone? 😕

iain1775
    Free Member

What your missing is that Mbr rehash old articles and rides and probably rarely actually do the rides themselves
    So it is quite likely the info is 2 years out of date
    Crap magazine

billyboy
    Free Member

I have not bought or read MBR for ages
    AND
    I do not think I have missed ANYTHING

bren2709

1st time bought for years, just needed to fill some time on night shift!

bland

I once spoke to the guy who does the rides on the pull out cards with his Mrs and couldnt help but ask him why he does them all backwards? He gave some crap answer

Northwind

billyboy – Member

I have not bought or read MBR for ages
    AND
    I do not think I have missed ANYTHING

2 properly excellent articles, one with Guy Martin and one with Crawford Carrick-Anderson. And at least 2 reviews of Orange Fives that say something like “The wheels are cheap and skinny, the brakes don’t really work, the spec isn’t very good, oh and it’s the most expensive bike in the test. 10 out of 10!”

They seem to have stopped doing that thing where they change a component on a test bike, then mark it down because the component they fitted wasn’t very good, though. Shame, that was good fun. “The Inbred feels too long and too tall, with these 140mm forks”

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Mbr – Six new rides for 2013. Am I missing something?’ is closed to new replies.