Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • MBR at CYB
  • Pieface

I dont go there very often. The last few times I went I strangely discounted the MBR, maybe because its too short? Did the Dragon’s Back each time

Anyway, got to say I love the Cain, Abel and False Teeth sections.

Cain has thankfully staid similar to how it always was, Abel has been ‘updated’ and protected, and False Teeth is like a micro spooky woods but with some nice bits thrown in.

Therefore, if you’re going to CYB either do the Beast or the MBR.

I do think that the Pink Heifer is not as good as it was. I appreciate the top bit needed some attention, but now its a bit boring IMO.

valleydaddy
    Free Member

ta off to CYB next weekend and planning to do MBR and the Beast 😉

JohnnyPanic

False Teeth is pretty damn good.

Pieface

Basically there’s 2 routes, the MBR and the Dragon’s back.

The Beast combines the MBR and the Dragon’s Back.

IMO I’d do the Beast at CYB then go to Penmachno for the next day or Chli-Max depending on where you live

beanieripper
    Free Member

Tbh i reakon mbr is the most fun trail at cyb by a mile, didnt really find the beast to be much of a beast at all really..

njee20
    Free Member

Just do the lot!

A few years back (when they were still MBR/Karrimor/Red Bull) I did all 3 trails in a day, twice. 98 miles and sommat like 16000ft of climbing. Good fun.

grumm
    Free Member

As Pieface says the Beast includes MBR. Despite all the whining on here, I thought CYB was really good – though next time I would miss out the section on the Beast where you climb for ages on fire road and descend on fire road!

loddrik
    Free Member

Njee, 98 miles…?

Red bull 14, mbr 17 or there abouts, iirc the karrimor was around 26 or so…

racing_ralph
    Free Member

njee in boasting shocker again!!

and he did it on a carbon, sponsored, spesh, unicycle, with only one leg being used to pedal. worship the ground he walks on!

joe@brookscycles
    Free Member

Dragons Back is superb as a waymarked ride. The Addams Family series of descents (Mortician, Fester etc) have to be my highlight of all the riding their. Love it.

Alex

Rode CyB for the first time in 7 years last weekend. Really impressed with the trails, although missed the original “adams family” descents (although I think they are still there?)

And next time I’ll know about that rather large drop on false teeth rather than just sailing over it 😉

Couldn’t believe how busy it was, makes Afan looks like Coventry city centre on a wet Sunday afternoon! Beast was good tho, although we did Chli-max yesterday and the last descent on that is pretty special as well.

Pieface

Whilst Dragon’s Back is a good trail, there’s not enough variety. Thats what really struck me about MBR, its so varied in a relatively short trail, whereas Dragon’s Back seems to be too much fireroad for not a great deal of singletrack that is all very similar.

JohnnyPanic

And next time I’ll know about that rather large drop on false teeth rather than just sailing over it

But wasn’t it better that way? 🙂
    I only saw the warning sign at the edge of my sight as it flew past. Needs to be repositioned as it’s a distraction rather than a warning where it is. Or removed all together 😀

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘MBR at CYB’ is closed to new replies.