Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Mayhem 2017 is trending!
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

On “CrowdyNews” in the feed on this very website.

Latest picture….

KWALITEE ADVERTZ.

jodafett

It’s Friday night
    You’ve had a drink
    You got amorous with the internet
    The adverts reflect your search history

HTH 😉

fifeandy
    Free Member

Cheers for sharing your Friday night browsing though, very enlightening 😆

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Nope. Clean laptop. Advert feed from STW/Crowdynews.

Mark

Flashy, our stats show that you personally rack up one of the highest page view counts on this site by a huge margin. That results in you working through the ad inventory until there’s almost nothing left. The result is that you get the ads at the lowest end of the quality scale.

But here’s what we have done recently to reduce the risk. We’ve removed an entire ad position from the site. Notice on mobile there is no longer an ad at the very top of the page. This size and position was not popular in the networks and attracted the lowest paying ads. Reports of bad ads have reduced significantly since although we’ve lost that revenue.

a clean browser won’t absolve you of all targeting

It’s also now the start of a new advertising quarter in the ad world (qtr3 July, august, September) . Demand at the start of a new quarter is always low in the programmatic world and this leads to the high paying ad inventory being used up sooner for heavy site users. In the week running up to the end of June the demand was at its highest and the incidences of bad ads at their lowest as the shit ads don’t like paying decent rates for their appearances.

We still deliver over 20 million ad impressions/month and the incidences of rogue/bad ads have reduced since we removed the top of page ad position. They will never be reduced to zero on a site that delivers ads at these volumes and individual reports of it never happening anywhere else are not accurate as I’m part of a industry group of publishers who contribute to discussion and debate on how best to tackle this industry wide problem.

But as ever, keep reporting ad issues so that we can be kept aware of them and we’ll keep looking to minimise the risk of them occurring. But for you, as such a heavy user of our site, would you seriously not be better off as a Premier user? Is it really just a principal led stand you are making that thinks you should be able to use our site as much as you do without any cost whatsoever, even if the price is ads visible during your visits?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Thanks, Mark. Good explanation. Feel free to delete my whining!

Jamie
    Free Member

Flashy, our stats show that you personally rack up one of the highest page view counts on this site by a huge margin.

Shame one doesn’t get Nectar points for page views.

molgrips
    Free Member

would you seriously not be better off as a Premier user?

And reduce STW to 10m ad impressions a month?

Mark

Ah. Good point Molgrips

I really should think these things through first.

😉

jekkyl

Flashy, our stats show that you personally rack up one of the highest page view counts on this site by a huge margin.

LOL 😯

Get a job Flashy! you lazy good for nothing and if you have one, do it!

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

lol etc

v8ninety

😆 Unexpected gem of a thread

bearnecessities

Got to admit I’ve lol’d. I also am now suspicious as to whether CFH has a job.

I’m also of the “I might not cycle a lot but I don’t mind paying a couple of quid for a funny forum” mentality.

To post regularly on here and not pay in any way seems a bit off to me. That said, it sounds like CFH hasn’t got ad blocker, so probably pulls in more that £20 a year for the site 🙂

Edit: The new mobile site is still shit.

funkmasterp

I’m also of the “I might not cycle a lot but I don’t mind paying a couple of quid for a funny forum” mentality.

That’s me too! This place is my only form of social media and has the right balance of humour, knowledge and utter idiocy for me. I’m skint, but it’s a couple of quid well spent 🙂

tomhoward

Shame one doesn’t get Nectar points for page views.

One of the perks of a ‘P’…

No use to Flashy of course, not sure Fortnum & Masons take them.

maccruiskeen

Crackers?

kimbers

are we sure its not about our PM?

dirtyrider
    Free Member

I also am now suspicious as to whether CFH has a job.

he? “it’s” a bot

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Mayhem 2017 is trending!’ is closed to new replies.