Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • May need surgery
  • Tracey

Some of you may remember that 3 years ago I had a big off in Wharncliffe Woods

Injections and pain killers didnt stop the pain.

Just got back from the hospital after been told that I have a grade 3 seperation and may have to have surgery with a 70% success rate and 6 weeks in a sling

Any one had the surgery

Wont let it spoil my trip to Joyriders next week

Tracey

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Ow

good luck

Drac

I knew queues were getting worse in A+E but 3 years?

Get well soon.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Wont let it spoil my trip to Joyriders next week

So you’ve had an injury, yet are willing to indulge in activities that could exacerbate the damage?

Macavity
    Free Member

“70% success rate”
    there is something about the way surgeons talk that can, sometimes, do more psychological damage than the original injury.
    Some advice from an NHS physiotherapist to me once was “do not listen to (surgeons) what they say… wait until it is a problem (poor success rates) and even then do not worry about it”. It made me feel slightly better , for a moment or two at least.

nonk
    Free Member

its that kind of injury elfin..
    many people live with it just fine.pain free that is,i guess that tracy is suffering a bit with it.
    best of luck.

Tracey

Went to A&E the same day I did it and although it was Xrayed they said nothing was wrong. Had 3 months of phisio after that.
    Decided enough was enough in Feb this year and as the injections didnt work went back to the doctors after Verbier to get refered
    Cant let an injury get in the way of holidays

Harry_the_Spider

Is it this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weaver-Dunn_procedure

I had one 12 years back. I’ve had to give up golf and have lost a tiny bit of mobility but other than that it is fine. The scar looks ace… but you probably don’t think the same way about that sort of thing as us little boys.

Tracey

Not sure on the procedure, got scars all over from biking. Its the 6 weeks in a sling thats the worry

mark_h4dng
    Free Member

I had a Clavical hook plate fitted, fitted in Feb 2007, and had 6 weeks of physio after, shoulder was clonky but took time to gain full movement, the hookplate was removed in the december2007 and all clonking stopped.
    shoulder is now 100%

some pics on theis pdf

http://www.shoulderdoc.co.uk/documents/synthes_clavicle_hook.pdf

Harry_the_Spider

Its the 6 weeks in a sling thats the worry

The first 2 weeks were the worst – It coincided with Lady Di’s assassination so there was nowt on TV and you can’t play Grand Theft Auto with one hand.

I was driving after about a month and back on the bike after about 8 weeks.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘May need surgery’ is closed to new replies.