• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by mboy.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Maxxis WT Shorty… MaxxGrip or MaxxTerra?
  • rickon
    Free Member

Hi Chaps,

I’ve always steered clear of the Shorty, just because I prefer a better damped tyre that’s a bit wider. Now they’re coming up more like a 2.3 in the 2.5 size I’m keen to give them a go.

I’ve only ever run the MaxxTerra 3c tyres, never the MaxxGrip…. what’s everyone running? This is Tweed Valley trail usage… so roots, rocks, mud etc….

Cheers 🙂

Ricks

benpinnick

Maxx grip shorty is awesomes.. but you notice the speed difference on the flat v the Maxx terra. swings and roundabouts.

jameswilliams54
    Free Member

Rick not answering your question but just bought a 3C shorty and DHR II from CRC as they have a maxxis sale on and an extra 10% with maxmar10
    DHR II was £28

mactheknife

Rickon, i have used both the 2.3 and 2.5 Shorty. The 2.5 is a bloody big tyre and both are ace in MaxTerra 3c compound. Not once have i felt that i needed any more grip and in full winter riding from rocky Laggan to Golfy gloop it has just shined.

Saying that i have just thrown a Der Baron on as a mate reckons that are a better intermediate front tyre.
    My rubber fetish continues 😯

mboy
    Free Member

MaxxGrip compound is on the heavier, DH casing tyres.

MaxxTerra is on the lighter EXO casing tyres.

I’ve not found a situation yet where a 3C MaxxTerra tyre hasn’t been grippy enough, if the MaxxGrip’s are even softer as suggested, they must feel like pedalling through treacle!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Maxxis WT Shorty… MaxxGrip or MaxxTerra?’ is closed to new replies.