Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Maxxis WT 29ers where can I find stock
  • cabbage84
    Free Member

I’m after a maxxis minion dhf 3CWT in 29er flavour but they are like hens teeth to find. Does anyone know of anywhere with them in stock failing that any other maxxis tyre in WT tread

benpinnick

Probably not going to find any (for sale) in the UK… other than maybe a shorty and DHF. Just so you know the options currently in production (incl. 2.6 which are not WT but in my experience run the same rim widths):

Rekon
    Agressor
    HR2
    Minion (both)
    Shorty

At least you now have a list for some googling!

chiefgrooveguru

Minion (both)

Would that be both out of three? 😉

benpinnick

Yeah, both the ones you care about 🙂

Northwind

What’s the real difference between a WT DHF and a 2.5 exo DHF? (I ask as a skeptic who thought “I’m being told my 2.5 minion is fine on these rims but they’re too narrow for my 2.4, **** it, uprising time”…

chiefgrooveguru
    cabbage84
    Free Member

The dhf are impossible to find dhr2 are just about possible. Considering maxxis are probably the biggest selling tyres there stock levels to distributors is horrendous. Even normal 2.5 dhf has lead times

Northwind

DHR2 3C is a damn fine front, though. I’m still swithering but I think I’m going to retire my 2.5 dhf and stick with the dhr2.

(mostly I just like the irony, after years of dhfs on the back)

fathomer

I’d quite like 650b DHR2 WT and have been looking on & off for 4-5 months with no joy.

Alex

I bought mine from Next Day Tyres. I was in there yesterday and should have asked Steve when he was getting any more. Worth a call as he knows when stuff is coming.

@NW. Can’t compare them to a 2.5 DHF but they are noticeably bigger than a 2.3 DHF. I ran the on 41 ext rims for a bit and they were somewhere between my old 2.3 DHF/DHR combo and a pair of 2.8 chubbies. Bit heavier than both, way more grip in dodgy conditions than the chubbies, a bit slower rolling than the 2.3s but felt absolutely bombproof.

They are now on some DT rims with about a 32mm ext dia I think. Look absolutely fine.I might not use them tho as it appears they’ve become collectors items! I’ll have a measure when I get a min and report back on actually width.

sillyoldman

Saw a DHF 29×2.5 WT in the shop at Coed y Brenin the other week.

drovercycles
    Free Member

To answer OPs question – 29×2.5″ 3C Maxx Terra DHF should be in stock next week; 3C Maxx Grip not until September.

(Maxx Terra is the all-round compound, Maxx Grip is the soft, super-gripp, heavier and not so hard-wearing version).

cabbage84
    Free Member

Drovercycles is that the WT tread though

chiefgrooveguru

My understanding was that all 27.5 and 29 2.5 tyres are now WT versions, apart from a few dual-ply tyres.

sillyoldman

I’ve got a WT 29er Minion that is a DH dual ply carcass – not what I wanted…. the one I saw at CyB was a single ply EXO carcass.

benpinnick

My understanding was that all 27.5 and 29 2.5 tyres are now WT versions, apart from a few dual-ply tyres.

Sort of but yes in general. The new generation of anything >= 2.5 but < 2.8 is designed for a 30mm+ internal rim (nominally 35, but I think they’re trying to sway away from that level of specific-ness as its probably putting people off what is otherwise good tyres). Personally I’m really looking forward to the new aggressor 2.5, I think that might be the killer trail centre tyre as spacing out the tread a bit should fix what I don’t like, and the new (27 only) Ardent Race 2.5. If only because its such a ridiculous concept I just have to test it 🙂

nickdavies

Ben sorry hikack but do you know if maxxis will do any more 26 2.5 42a minions in exo carcass? Can’t find any! 26 seems to be truly dead!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Maxxis WT 29ers where can I find stock’ is closed to new replies.