Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Maxxis tyres ? Tubeless
  • jonnyrockymountain

Just this year started using my tyres tubeless on American classic wheels
    So far only used tubeless ready bonty mud x with just stans liquid
    Question is I do like Maxxis ardent’s/advantages etc so can I just use normal Maxxis with stans liquid or do I have to use the lust versions?

monogramman
    Free Member

Yes they’ll be fine. They do have a tendency to wear through the side wall on non lust versions

Northwind

Haven’t tubelessed an Ardent but my Advantage went up easily. Maxxis tend to have a fair amount of rubber in the sidewalls so sealing isn’t generally an issue, fit can be though, one of mine was a bit wizard’s sleeve and was impossible to get to stay on the bead or seal.

You might find the sides wear faster than the tread, though. I think Maxxis just don’t expect you to ride til they’re totally worn out.

glen815
    Free Member

Run both Advantage and Ardents tubeless with no issues. Top tip mount them on the rims with a tube and leave overnight before removing the tube and adding the fluid.

tpbiker
    Free Member

What Advantages are you using tubeless Northwind. I’m running an 2,1 exception up front, but I’m thinking whilst it may go up fine tubeless, it may be a bit of a liability and a stretch to far for the technology.

MarkLG
    Free Member

I’ve got a pair of advantage exc’s on some spare wheels – the sidewalks are pretty thin, so I don’t think they would, last last long running tubeless. The lust versions of the Xc tyres are a lot more substantial and have an extra butyl coating on the inside so they’re airtight even without sealant.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Made by Maxxis
    Put an On One Chunky Monkey on the front and an On One Smorgasboard on the back, you’ll save a fortune and thank me forever.
    The perfect combination of tyres and cheap too
    Easy to go tubless with as well

MarkN
    Free Member

no worries with Maxxis

Northwind

tpbiker- think it was an Exo, so a little thicker of sidewall.

sambob
    Free Member

My Smorgasbord and Chunky Monkey went up tubeless like a dream. I really liked my ADvantage tyres, just a shame they don’t do a 29er EXO version.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Ardent EXO working well on mine

iain65
    Free Member

Used minions, highrollers, ardents, aspens and an advantage all tubeless with no troubles. They are problematic going up though, sometimes a compressor is not enough and have to resort to a CO2 cylinder to get them on the bead.
    Iain

allmountainventure
    Free Member

I use minions. 2 ply version lasts better at the side wall.

watsontony
    Free Member

just then i dont have to start a new thread….

how easy should it be to tubeless duel ply minions on a sas rim?

allmountainventure
    Free Member

On bonty rims i need to use co2 to get them on.

munrobiker
    Free Member

I find if you get a bit wild that the area of sidewall where the bead attaches on Maxxis LUST tyres isn’t tough enough and surprisingly easy to tear. I will be switching back to Schwalbe snakeskins when I’m done with these High Rollers, even if the tread is inferior.

jambon
    Free Member

Just to be controversial, I’ve stuck with LUST as I don’t like burping on gnarly descents and the liklihood of dinging a rim. LUST tyres last so well that they’re worth the extra dosh and weight.

iain65
    Free Member

I mentioned earlier that I had used them with no probs, just spent two hours, 5 co2 cartridges, feel like I’ve worn out my compressor and got in trouble by trying to warm the tyre on the radiator to get it to inflate. Maxxis Advantage! Maybe the LUST version is a good idea 🙂

Just order some tubeless ready RR’s from bike discount in TL EVO for £20 each to sort out my 10 yr olds bike.

Iain

jkomo

If you were to choose a front and back combo from on one to run tubeless, what would it be?
    Those smorgasbord look awesome value. Are racing Ralph’s worth a go?

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Maxxis tyres ? Tubeless’ is closed to new replies.