Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Maxxis permeable sidewalls?
  • skydragon
    Free Member

I’m running a Maxis HRII and DHF tubeless with Stans sealant on Stans rims and have noticed that the Stans sealant doesn’t last more than a month or so before drying out completely.

Recently I’ve noticed that if the bike has been stood for a few days, both tyre sidewalls have what looks small like damp patches on them and I am wondering whether part of the problem is that the sidewalls are perhaps slightly permeable and letting the sealant wick-out somehow (despite them being tubeless ready tyres)

Anyone else a similar experience?

chrishc777
    Free Member

My Tubeless ready Ardent EXO did this when I first set it up, then when I topped it up it didn’t anymore.

My non tubeless ready Chunky Monkey on the other hand works perfectly with no sealant leaks

squoglybob
    Free Member

My TR Maxxis tyres haven’t lost much, I’m not getting any seepage issues, also on Stans rims and Stans sealant.

As suggested fill them back up a tad and see if that gets them sealed. I

MrNice
    Free Member

my larssen TT’s (not tubeless-ready) had an outbreak of whiteheads when I first set them up tubeless. A top-up of sealant sorted them out and they’ve been fine ever since.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Maxxis permeable sidewalls?’ is closed to new replies.