Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Maxxis Minion SP Tubeless
  • RichPenny
    Free Member

Anyone had any success with this, or got any tips? Was a tight git and went with these instead of UST. Never had any issues before, but can't get the fecker to blow up with a track pump. So used to the ease of UST didn't use soapy water either. Bugger, was hoping this would be easy, now there's latex all over my bedroom ( 😯 )

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

take the valve core out so the air flows into the tyre faster. Go round to the local garage and use their car tyre inflator. As soon as the tyre pops on to the rim stick the valve core back in. That usually works for me using standard tyres on tubeless rims.

nickegg
    Free Member

Did my first "ghetto" conversion a few months ago using Maxxis Minions. I had no trouble getting the bead seated using just a track pump and a good load of soapy suds.

It was so easy i was convinced something would go wrong later….it didn't!

As mentioned above i did take the valve core out.

RichPenny
    Free Member

OK, how do I take the valve core out (I know, it's a stupid question but is there anything special to do?)

nickegg
    Free Member

Well….Assuming you actually have a removeable core you can use a pair of pliers if its a Presta, thats what i have.

I believe for Schraeder you need a special tool i think.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Cheers nick, they are stans rim strips so should have a removable core. I assume I just grab the knurled bit and pull towards the hub?

RichPenny
    Free Member

ERROR: Assume just makes an ass of u and me. OK, just me then. 1 valve core fecked. Remember kids, molgrips are not suitable for brass!

nickegg
    Free Member

Doh! Should have said you need to unscrew it!

allankelly

We always use CO2 now. Just a quick blast and you're up. Then use air to get it to pressure, 100% CO2 seems to set the latex (might just be the very low temperature).

I posted this separately, but here you go again:
    Really Fast Tubeless.

Cheers, al.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Maxxis Minion SP Tubeless’ is closed to new replies.