Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • maxxis ignitors rolling resistance
  • cabbage84
    Free Member

Looking for a new rear tyre and have found a cheap lust 2.35 ignitor. Just wondering what rolling resistance is like as it sounds a pretty descent tyre for pretty much all uk conditions. Im running a 2.35 high roller lust on front and an advantage 2.1 lust on rear at present.

lucien

Got a pair of 2.0’s UST on my XC bike – pretty quick (not as quick as a small block eight, quicker than a captain S-works) and IMHO certiainly quicker than your high roller / advantage combo.

The rubber is very hard, so I’m guessing in the wet (roots etc) I’d need to do something with pressures.

As an all-round (non mud specific tyre) XC tyre – I really rate then

Stoner
    Free Member

I love them and dont think they roll badly at all.

I put a specialized stout on the back the other day – its like riding with a paddle steamer paddle. The only tyre I know that can scatter dirt on the back of your calves! It actually scoops up the ground like an open cast mining shovel 🙂

Rolling resistance? Like paddling though honey.

scunny
    Free Member

Absolutely hate them.

I ran 2.1 f/r. Although the front never actually washed out on me i felt like i was constantly fighting against the bike to keep upright. The rear used to spin out regardless of pressure when climbing anything other than a straight smooth slightly damp trail.

I sacked them off after 4 rides and got a advantage/crossmark and i couldn’t be happier.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I like mine, seem to be grippy and rolling resistance is low – mine are 2.1 LUSTs at 35psi. Confidence inspiring.

sam_underhill

+1 for Low rolling resistance. Great summer tyre but they let go once it starts getting muddy. 2.1 exceptions here running tubeless (F:~26psi, R: ~28psi).

Gotama
    Free Member

Good as a summer rear and rolls well. Useless as a front imo, especially in comparison to a high roller, completely different level of grip.

RustySpanner

Love them, my favourite tyres.

Can feel a bit ‘floaty’ sometimes if pressures are too high, but grip is fantastic, rolling resistance low and they are very predictable.

Very rounded profile with no gaps in the tread (unlike a High Roller).
    2.35 eXC on the front with a 2.1 eXC on the back.
    Great combo.

EDIT:

If anyone in the NW would like to swap their Ignitors for a pair of 2.35 High Rollers, one Maxxpro, one LUST, please drop me a line.

Fuzzyfelt
    Free Member

Agree – liked the 26″ versions for the dry/damp and now gone 29″ with them. As per reports of any 29 tyre, don’t seem to be worried by the mud so much and have been good through the muck so far.
    Got 2 26×2.1 Ignitors for sale in the classifieds if of interest to anybody.

clubber
    Free Member

I have them on my 29er and reckon they’re a good all rounder. Not as grippy as some but then they roll pretty well.

Dougal
    Free Member

I run one on the front all year round, sometimes even racing too if it’s too wet for Aspens.

Loads of grip, very predictable tyre when it drifts and slides in the proper wet stuff.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘maxxis ignitors rolling resistance’ is closed to new replies.