• This topic has 7 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by rj.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Maxxis HR 2.35 60aa or Kenda bluegroove + Nevegal 2.35 combo
  • pimpmyride
    Free Member

Which one would be best?
    Iv’e heard and read everywhere that the bluegroove up front and nevegal on the rear are possibly the best combination out there for the price for uk tail conditions.
    Iv’e also always used Maxxis HR’s but fancied a swap, do the Kendas come up a bit bigger than the Maxxis?

Anyone using the Kenda combo with comments and any pics of them on rims would be great 🙂

twohats
    Free Member

I would go Nevegal front and rear for the best results. Blue groove is ok, but only in the right conditions, namely hardpack, where as Nevagals are a better all round tyre, especially on the front.
    A Kenda 2.35 comes up slightly bigger than a Maxxis 2.35.

carlos
    Free Member

+1
    I run Nevegals 2.35 both front & rear and love them.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I found the Nevegal much less capable of reliable grip than a bluegroove in mud. If you run them where you get that nice thin watery mud then they’ll be fine, but anything thicker and they start to wander about a bit.

Nevegals tend to drift better/smoother IMO.

scaredypants

one or other of the kendas looks just like a high roller with lower knobs on it – doesn’t it ??

Northwind

Kenda are freaky, their 2.35 tyres actually measure 2.35 inches across :mrgreen: I find the 2.35 blue groove pretty slow going, which surprised me a bit since I’d been using 2.35 nevegals, and a 2.1 blue groove/nevegal combo, but it always seems a fair bit slower with the same pressures. In 2.1 I prefer the blue groove on the front but in 2.35 I’d use 2 nevegals.

(FWIW none of the above are great summer tyres IMO, the nevegals are great for “all seasons” but on dry trails there are better.)

zokes
    Free Member

I used the kenda combination. Now I use the High Rollers. TBH not much difference. Maxxis slightly draggier but slightly better in the wet. Aside from that, i’d be happy with either on my bike.

rj
    Free Member

High Rollers.

If you use Nevegals you will die.

Or at least get a nasty graze.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Maxxis HR 2.35 60aa or Kenda bluegroove + Nevegal 2.35 combo’ is closed to new replies.