• This topic has 30 replies, 25 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by IanW.
Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Maxxis High Rollers???
  • flippinheckler
    Free Member

Are these the ones I should have (for the front anyway) Lots of you swear by them but there seems to be many variations to DH etc, I want tubeless and 2.35’s.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Yep.

Aside from being the go-to tyre of choice they are a piece of piss to set up IME.

Duffer
    Free Member

I’ve been running HRs for a couple of years now. Any weather, any terrain, you know they’ll work.

Personally, i don’t mess about with fancy tubeless, LUST, etc. Just bog standard 60a wire beads, front and rear. Stick some Joes tubes in there, and forget about them for a few years.

MarkN
    Free Member

I have been running HR single ply wire bead 2.35’s for years now as tubeless on Bonty TLR wheelset. Never had any issues with them. I just fit them and they only get changed when they are worn out or I rip the tyre wall in Morzine.

The only TLC that they need is a top up of sealant every now and then.

As with Duffer that are my all year tyre.

flap_jack
    Free Member

I use a super tacky on the front, std on rear. awesome.

joemacca51
    Free Member

What sort of riding do you do?

jambalaya
    Free Member

I have HR 2.35’s front and rear with tubes, got them for an alps trip and never took them off, they work pretty well all year round in Surrey Hills which do drain quite well however.

weeksy

I’ve got my first ride on a set of 2.35’s at Afan tomorrow 🙂

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Hmmm super tacky me thinks is a good idea, should I go for a High Roller in the rear?

simondbarnes

2.35 lust high rollers cheap here… Maxxis sale

Northwind

Really good these… I used standard 2.35 ones with tubeless. The sizing is laughable, they’re a little over 2.1. But just a good sensible allround tyre that can do anything. Not the best in mud but not bad.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Thanks simondbarnes for the headsup, Hope these tyres are better than Advantages had those on my SC Heckler and they were awful, the tread pattern looks very similar though!

Superficial
    Free Member

Yeah I’m using the standard 2.35 single ply tubeless on ZTR Flow rims with Stans sealant. Works well on the front of my bike but I haven’t tried it on rear. If the sidewalls are thick enough to run tubeless (as others have suggested) then there’s no need to bother with the UST version for the rear either.

As others have said – they’re good grip except in thick mud (which isn’t such an issue on a front tyre anyway).

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Thinking of an Ardent for the rear 2.25 and the 2.35 High Roller for the front, if I go with the LUST then I can run lower pressures for extra grip if needbe.

skywalker
    Free Member

High Rollers are good, Advantage’s are better.

bigyinn
    Free Member

HRs tend to clog in the more sticky mud at this time of year, but otherwise not bad at all.

sambob
    Free Member

ADvantage are very good, even in the 70a compound.

prezet
    Free Member

2.35 60a wire or folding?

Trimix
    Free Member

Folding – lighter and eaiser to get on / off. I just use my thumbs for them.

bigjim

Hmm I have a pair of used LUST 2.35 high rollers if anyone wants them? thought I would get round to putting them on but haven’t yet.

ads678

Weird, I had an ADvantage on the front and hated it, i felt i was gonna loose the front end every time i turn the bars. I shoved the ADvantage on the back and put a HR on the front and haven’t looked back. HR’s just feel right, give you (well me) so much confidence.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

bigjim are the high rollers still available, how much?

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

HRII 2.4 tubeless on front Lust 2.35 on back. HRII went up with some tatex tubeless no problems. Rolls great and ideal for wet winter use. I run ardents FR LUST 2.35 summer.

reedspeed
    Free Member

bigjim – Member

Hmm I have a pair of used LUST 2.35 high rollers if anyone wants them? thought I would get round to putting them on but haven’t yet.

How old & how much & are they folders,tubed or tubless ?

bigdave
    Free Member

Maxxis HighRoller ST and id go for 2.5 on the front as hey are narrow tyres, and go for the Lust 2.35 on the rear for fast rolling

prezet
    Free Member

I’m running HighRoller 2.35 60a on the front, and a Larsen 2.35 on the rear to reduce drag.

bigjim

I’ll take some photos and get back to you

onion
    Free Member

I’m with #3 Duffer. I run the front one with the nobbles for braking hard and the rear one for more drive in the sh*t. I don’t bother with that fancy tubeless stuff.

sv

Thinking of an Ardent for the rear 2.25 and the 2.35 High Roller for the front, if I go with the LUST then I can run lower pressures for extra grip if needbe.

This is what I run on both bikes.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Prezet knows where its at, brilliant combo.

IanW
    Free Member

HR 2.35 60a folding is the one to have, i like idea of a larsen on the rear too. Super tacky only if youve got gravity on your side.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Maxxis High Rollers???’ is closed to new replies.