Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Maxxis Crossmark or Larsen?
  • rainbow
    Free Member

Just after some advice about MTB tyres please, with the winter coming up, I tend to ride my MTB on the road more, just wondered which tyres is best for smooth riding aswell plenty grip on wet tarmac too, Maxxis Crossmarks or Larsens

Cheers

rocky-mountain
    Free Member

Been riding cross marks all “summer”, also on 6 mile road commutes and a 24 miler once a week, mixed surface and the Sunday ride off road. Really good tyres, but sketchy off road in wet. Probably most responsive tyre of its type I have ridden.

However back to high rollers now after today!

rainbow
    Free Member

thanks rocky mountain, it will be on road riding this winter for me.

tthew

A pair of narrow larsen’s (1.9 I think) that I put on my missis’ MTB a few years ago completely transformed it for road riding. They didn’t work off road too well in anything but dry, hard surfaces, (nowhere in the UK then! 😀 ) but that was of little concern to her.

stevewhyte
    Free Member

If you are doing road only then get some of these

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=24794

Swap back to something more off road orientated in the spring.

crotchrocket
    Free Member

I chuck some 1.9 maxxis wormdrive on my hardtail if I’m planning alot of metalled road work, pumped up hard they are fast & are lasting forever – plus have a little side lugs in case I accidently get drawn into a bit of dirt riding.

officialtob
    Free Member

I swear by my Schwable Hurricane’s – been using them for the past year commuting, and they handle non-bog-ridden trails quite well. EVEN took them mud plugging last week, and they handled it better than I expected! Pumped up to 60psi, they roll really well, and remain comfy too 🙂

Am just about to buy a brand new set to replace the ones I’ve worn down!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Maxxis Crossmark or Larsen?’ is closed to new replies.