Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Maxxis Beavers – my new favourite tire
  • BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

Just got back from my first ride on the Beavers and I have share how good they are!

Shed mud, lovely on roots, two wheel slides in mud and hook back up just at the right moment.

Genuinely inspire confidence, a lovely tire. Can’t recommended them enough

ds3000
    Free Member

I agree, though only use one on the back, tubeless on stan’s crest. Well grippy and roll not too badly.

c_klein87

they are great, just don’t expect them to last for ever! worn through the sidewalls on a few

kayak23

Trimix
    Free Member

Anything with the word Beaver gets my interest.

Paceman
    Free Member

I coming round to the idea that they might be the holy grail all year round tyre for me on the 29er 😀

If they bring out on EXO sidewall version i’m definitely convinced, particularly in a 2.25″ width.

For now i’m going to leave them on and see how it goes but so far so good. They’re light too at approx 550g.

MarcSussex
    Free Member

How do they compare volume wise to a Mud-X??

Trekster

How big does the 2.0come up vs the Advantage 2.3?

SimonR

Waiting (hopefully?) for an EXO version ….

Paceman
    Free Member

They’re a similar volume to Mud-X’s, but with smaller nobbles with sipes in them. In my opinion the Beaver is more of an allround tyre than the Mud-X which I find squirmy when cornering on drier trails and draggy if used all year round. From my experience of the Beavers over the mixed conditions we’ve had this summer, they work well in all conditions. The only time i’ve changed them is for a couple of trips to Wales when I put something with tougher sidewalls on.

Trekster, they’re a true 2.0 tyre so come up narrower than the 2.3 Advantage.

Also hoping for an EXO version.

andyl
    Free Member

I love my Beavers. Was out on on a rigid 29er round Crooks Peak at the weekend and again they just worked everywhere – on the dry dusty bits, grassy bits, off camber rocky bits and in some serious cow poo and mud. And I mean serious, one bit was about 8″ deep mud and poo. The dog even ended up with it on her head but the tyres just kept me going through it.

The side wall thickness does worry me though but I am normally quite careful around sidewall ripping rocks on the rigid bike.

Trekster

Trekster, they’re a true 2.0 tyre so come up narrower than the 2.3 Advantage.

Mmmm could be a tad narrow for my bulk and “blasting” round the Dalbeattie Hardrock Challenge event 🙄 Was looking to get something a wee bit faster than the Advantage I normall use.

The side wall thickness does worry me though but I am normally quite careful around sidewall ripping rocks on the rigid bike.

Can’t be any worse than the Panaracer Garcia I have just discovered has 3 rips in it after 1/2doz rides 🙄

Clong
    Free Member

I’m a bit concerned about the sidewalls too. They are thinner than the mud x they replaced, but when compared to the new version of the mud x they are about the same. Ripping sidewalls is usually expensive for me, I’m end end trashing the rim if I’m on tubeless.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Maxxis Beavers – my new favourite tire’ is closed to new replies.