Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Maxxis beaver on the back, what on the front?
  • asbrooks

Hi all,
    I’m after a bit of advice…
    I’ve just got hold of a 26 x 2.25 beaver with the intention of running it on the back of my ht over winter. It’ll be replacing a rocket ron. Now I’m looking for a front tyre to pair it with. Or will the nobby nic I have be ok.
    I’m weary that the beaver will be too grippy for the nobby..
    Ta

SirHC

Stick the beaver on the front and another one on the back?

devs
    Free Member

^^^Wot he sed^^^

asbrooks

I have considered that Sir HC, The nobby nic is completely wiping out in the slop we have around here…

AlexSimon

Put the beaver on the front and the NN on the back?
    Or just another beaver 🙂

davosaurusrex

I run a beaver 2.25 on the front and a storm control 2.0 on the back, works well in the slop and I like the higher volume up front

tomcanbefound
    Free Member

Butcher?

z1ppy

Beaver F&R for the Win!
    Definitely fit the current Beaver up front, if nothing else though.

deviant
    Free Member

Running a soft compound (vertstar) Dirty Dan on the front at the moment, haven’t lost the front yet this winter, incredibly grippy if a little draggy and ‘weird’ over harder ground due to the long spikes I think….but a small price to pay for decent grip over the crappy months.

I have a Minion on the back but i’m considering a Beaver on the back soon, its rained all weekend constantly in the South East and walking my dogs this morning the place is now swamp-like.

thedude
    Free Member

The maxxis shorty 2.3 looks like it will be great on the front.

sillyoldman

As above – just back from a slopfest with Shorty up front and 2.25 Beaver rear – spot on.

CheesybeanZ

Mud-x is good on the back .

chip
    Free Member

Had a look at the shorty, looks very similar to the now replaced muddy mary.

IA

The only thing better than one beaver is two beavers.

Get another,

cakefacesmallblock

Beaver rear and high Roller front here. So far seems an excellent combo for the gloop.

passtherizla
    Free Member

Shorty +1

asbrooks

The shorty is on the pricey side, I think I’ll get another beaver it’s half the price of the shorty.
    Thanks Guys

andyl
    Free Member

The only thing better than one beaver is two beavers.

^ +1

Until they bring out a tyre called Ass.

The original Beaver is 2″ so that could be an option for the rear but if you prefer the higher volume of the 2.25″ then stick with it all round. Only 2″ available when I got mine and they are a bit small. But lovely and grippy, even when wet.

mcnultycop

I run 2″ beavers front and back in the HT all year. Great tyre.

singlespeedstu

flashes
    Free Member

Nice beaver……

I ran Beavers f and r last winter, 29er though, no complaints…..

SirHC

Can’t see the Shorty being much fun on anything which isn’t downhill. Have a pair on my dh bike at the moment, they don’t roll at all, but the traction in the mud is something else and unlike screams, grip to roots as well.

asbrooks

That’s it then, two beavers it is.. 😉

@Sir HC, here locally, there’s lots of pedally stuff and not much downy hill stuff.

IA

(i have no idea. I just google image searched for two beavers)

flashes
    Free Member

I searched 2 beavers, well I say, they’ll catch their death…….

sillyoldman

Sir HC – works well up front with a 2.25 Beaver out back.
    Got them on both my Horsethief and rigid SS 29er – if it was too draggy, I wouldn’t run it on the SS, but it’s a good combo, and like you say traction is good on rocks and roots, and fantastic elsewhere.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Maxxis beaver on the back, what on the front?’ is closed to new replies.