Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • maxxis aspen tyres. Good or bad?
  • radoggair
    Free Member

As above, how do they compare to ralphs, race kings for speed. Are they tough?

Would you recommend them for an xc race tyre?

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I’ve had one on the back for almost a year and I like it. Light for the size I think and grippy for a fairly low profile tyre. Wouldn’t know about XC racing but I used mine to do about 80km at 10@Kirroughtree last year in horrible conditions and was very happy with it. I’d ceratinly buy another. Hope that helps.

Clink

29er version here – light, grippy great xc tyre

convert

Have got the exception ones in both 29er and 26″ flavour. Like them – fast, good grip for this sort of tyre and lasting ok. Thin though – run them tubeless and would hesitate to use them anywhere too rocky in fear of damaging the side walls.

matthew_h
    Free Member

I used a pair of the 2.25 ones at Dusk til Dawn last year. Ran them tubeless and they were great. On the first, dry lap they rolled very well and felt pretty decent. On the subsequent muddy laps they surprised me with their grip for such a shallow treaded tyre.

From that limited experience I reckon they’d be a very good xc race tyre. They are the exception sidewalls though and hence pretty thin but this is what helps keep the weight down.

My 2.25s are for sale if anyone is interested. Used only for D2D so barely run in.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Brilliant tyres, rubbish for tubeless as they have a paper thin side wall.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘maxxis aspen tyres. Good or bad?’ is closed to new replies.