Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Maxxis Ardent users?
  • hora
    Free Member

Just fitted one to the front and put an old Advantage (didnt like it on the front) on the rear for tomorrow..

Any user views?

nodrog2
    Free Member

Been using a 60a 2.25 ardent on the rear of the HT and full sus all summer. A great tyre. Plenty grip and fast(ish) rolling. Not tried one on the front as i'm more than happy to stick with a 2.35 minion up front.

Agree that an advantage is a bit pants up front. Ok on the rear though as long as it's not wet. Ardent much better than advantage imo.

vikingboy
    Free Member

just fitted 2.4 on the front and 2.25 on the rear…..off for a weekends testing this weekend so will let you know more then.
    Both sealed up with Stans without issue on Flow rims.

RestlessNative
    Free Member

2.25 ardent front and 2.1 advantage rear is exactly what I am using, really like it.

When it was dryer I had a crossmark on the rear instead

Also really didn't like advantage on the front

hora
    Free Member

wow, the Ardent- it lets go (slides) but when it does its gradual- almost like a trainer tyre showing you its not a problem/biggie. I put in a MtnKing supersonic at the last moment on the rear this morning and that was allover the place on wet stone when trailling the rear. Thinking of putting a Ardent on the rear as well… good for confidence.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Maxxis Ardent users?’ is closed to new replies.