Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Maxxis ADvantage – puncture prone?
  • pedalhead
    Free Member

My 2.1 folding ADvantages seem to be rather more prone to pinch punctures than previous tyres. Anyone else finding the same thing?

ChrisFoster
    Free Member

No problems with the ones I've had. What pressures you running?

doug_basqueMTB.com

EDIT: IDIOT! Should read the posts before posting. Mine are 2.25. Sorry.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Not had that problem with my LUST ones.

Sorry, not helpful I know.

pedalhead
    Free Member

I run about 38psi (although I have no idea how accurate the gauge is). Might just be bad luck I suppose, but going from no punctures for months to three in two fairly short rides seems a bit suspect.

pedalhead
    Free Member

It's all helpful, even if the outcome is I'm a crap rider and need to choose better lines 🙂

orena45

Not a problem with mine either (2 years of using ADvantages)

Onzadog
    Free Member

ADvantage do work much better at lower pressures in my experience. Have you considered converting them to tubeless? They're really good for that and no more pinch flats!

Nonsense
    Free Member

I've had loads of problems with the 2.1s I had on the rear. Sidewalls are made out of tissue paper. I'm running 2.25s front and rear now and they are great.

nksheridan
    Free Member

I never had much in the way of punctures with the 2.1 ADvantages but have had loads with the Continental Speed Kings that came with the Orange P7 Pro.

Can't confirm it is down to the tyres though 🙂

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Nope hardly any punctures. Tread getting thin and sidewall is getting a bit tatty on the rear. Always tends to happen on the rear tyre, whatever make, for some reason. Perhaps I'm always dragging it past rocks?

pedalhead
    Free Member

Thanks guys. I might stick them on my hardtail which doesn't see quite so many rocks, may even ghetto them. Have some 2.2 RQs on order for the full sus as I quite like the 2.4s on my Uzzi.

amodicumofgnar

Same as Buzz – no puncture probs but sidewalls seem to go thread bare realy quick, have had wall split on one. Still, over all happy with them.

YoungDaveriley
    Free Member

I'vegot one on the back of my bike,I run it tubeless.I'd had no problems until it burped on it's last outing. Never check tyre pressures,just give 'em a squeeze.

loftmonkey
    Free Member

hope not i've just put 2 on yesterday not tried them yet – what is the best pressure to run them at ?

harryparabolics
    Free Member

I've found quite the opposite – 2.1 ADvantages seem to have a bit more volume than most other 2.1 tyres and I've found them to be less prone to pinch flats, but I run mine at ~35psi.

mrh86

I used to a run a 2.1 advantages on my HT. Was forever getting pinch flats on the rear (used to run about 35 psi). Changed to high rollers which are much better.

scotabroad

I found the folding advantages way to weak especially in the sidewalls, they didnt last a season. However the wire beaded ones are a much better, robust tyre

loftmonkey
    Free Member

i've got the 2.25 i guess time will tell

Kamikirk
    Free Member

40psi tubeless – side wall went so not using them anymore. Was 2.1 folding.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Yoof speak would have titled this thread 'dis' ADvantage.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Got LUST 2.2 on the back 25psi runs great never had a problem (78kg guy). Kam 40psi tubeless, sounds a lot or was that ghetto? Even with tubes I ran them at 30psi.

Philden
    Free Member

Just fitted a 2.1 on the rear, hope it lasts longer than Spesh Captin sidewall, went through 2 in 3 weeks, i will never buy them again

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Maxxis ADvantage – puncture prone?’ is closed to new replies.