Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • maxle lite – how tight do you have the QR ?
  • iainc

I find that with the 2.5mm grub screw adjustment, at one position it is slightly lighter than I would have a normal QR – still make a hand imprint though. Next click on the screw and it’s way tighter than I would have a QR, need significant hand force to close, and particularly to open. I am thinkingh the ligher setting ??

clubby

Tighter one. Maxle doesn’t work like a traditional QR, but rather expands in the hole on the lever side locking it in place.

iainc

ah, thanks for that, it’s waaay tight, and I was worried that I might overstrain it in that setting..

Toasty

I’d have the lighter one personally, the clamping force isn’t holding the wheel in. As long as it’s fully screwed in prior to clamping, and there’s no slack in the lever when it’s done up.

bspoked
    Free Member

Tight enough so that the end of the 9mm rod shears off. This allows me to try and fudge a replacement with a rear hope qr skewer before giving up and buying a replacement maxle.

iainc

😀

good ole stw !

Toasty

The clamping force is just bracing it so it doesn’t unscrew itself while riding. Really isn’t as critical as it is with normal QR imo.

iainc

Toasty – thanks, that is exactly the clarification that I need, cheers

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘maxle lite – how tight do you have the QR ?’ is closed to new replies.