Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Mavic xc717 tubeless conversion
  • HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Has anyone converted Mavic xc717 disc rims to tubeless?
    If so, what did you use, rim strips, ghetto, which tyres etc..?
    Was it worth it?
    Getting quite a few thorn punctures at the moment!

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Stans kit.

Bit of a faff to get the rim strip properly seated, but after that it was a breeze with Bonty Jones ACX tyres. Been perfect since.

djc1245
    Free Member

I managed to do it by using the DT Swiss rim kit. Think i got them from JRA, the valves came seperately. I used Maxxis Hard Drive 2.0 tyres as they are narrow and i put them on a Klein Adept and it doesn’t have a lot of mud clearance. Obviously i used latex, JRA wheel milk to be exact. Pumped them up a couple of times in a year, apart from that no problems.

Dave

Gary_C

Yep,i’ve done it for my h/t.
    Used 20″ bmx tubes,(ghetto).Tyres are 2.35 Maxxis ust High Roller front,2.1 ust Panaracer Fire Xc Pro on the rear.
    Converted them when I built the bike up back in November,must have done more than 30 rides since,(usually between 18 to 30 miles),& not had a problem with them.
    One of the best mods to do to your bike imho.
    EDIT:The Panaracer was a right b@stard to fit tho!

greasystain
    Free Member

Yep – used exactly those rims and Stans Notubes. Have had no puntures since!!!!

…. I’m gonna get one now aren’t I?

auricgoldfinger

Stans running Bonty MudX. Had no problems setting them up or since.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Is there any problem inflating the tyre with a rim strip?

I tried tubeless with Bontrager rims a while back, and it worked quite well as there was a dip in the rim where the tyre could sit so it could be inflated.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Mavic xc717 tubeless conversion’ is closed to new replies.