Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Mavic Shoes… opinions? Size comparrison?
  • stooo
    Free Member

Anyone using Mavic SPD shoes? I’m looking at the Switchback and Alpine models.

Anyone got any experience? I’m after a stiff(ish), light shoe that’s good for all day pedalling with a bit of walking (hike-a-bike) in it.

I’m currently in Specialized carbon soled race shoes, which I love, but they’re not great for hiking about it.

I’m 43 in Spesh shoes and 44 in shimano.

stooo
    Free Member

Yes – I’ve just done a search and found a couple of threads… should have done that before posting.

My Bad.

footflaps

You will forever hear ‘I didn’t know Morrisons did cycle shoes!’ as they have exactly the same type style and logo for the ‘M’…

stooo
    Free Member

Thanks for the helpful info footflaps 😉

Just looked back through old threads in search and not found any particularly useful info.

I see someone bought a pair of the Alpine XLs second hand on here… wonder how they’re getting on.

Stuey01
    Free Member

I tried some Mavic road shoes on. Found them very narrow in the toe. I have quite wide feet but can get away with spesh in a 43 and shimano in a 44. The mavics were way too tight.

Definite try before you buy.

13thfloormonk

Nice shoes, I just bought the wrong size (the Switchback).

I would recommend a 44 in your case, they are quite tight in the toe box and my big toe ended up burrowing through 🙁

Did the job though, racey uppers but grippy soles, I used them for a big long highlands epic with masses of hike-a-bike and they were great for the many many long pushes up boggy hills or down rocky steep descents.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Lovely shoes, but a very narrow last. Best to try some on first.

stooo
    Free Member

Hmmm – lots of reports of them being narrow. May have to consider other options for my (quite wide) feet.

Any other suggestions for something similar are welcome.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Spesh Tahoe are a good shout for the wider footed individual. Not a race shoe, but very comfy as an all day ride shoe.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Mavic Shoes… opinions? Size comparrison?’ is closed to new replies.