Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Mavic Scree – and similar
  • scotroutes

After riding with wet feet for the past two days I’ve decided to bite the bullet and invest in some new GoreTex riding boots/shoes. Other than the venerable MT91s, the Mavic Screes look good. Any user experiences / alternative recommendations?

mactheknife

Yep i have them, to be fair they are a spring , autumn riding boot with a gore liner. Not a fully waterproof boot.

I love them to bits, they are a slim fit as are all Mavic shoes that i have tried. One thing i noted that the cleat is not well recessed so when on a hike a bike you have to be aware of foot placement on rocks. But thats a minor observation really.

Keep my feet toasty but weirdly are still comfortable in warm weather.

One thing though i had to have the top velcro strap fixed by a cobbler after it was worn right through by the edge of the cuff. Not been a problem since.

poly
    Free Member

I have some Screes they are quite chunky (and a wee bit heavy) so it depends what you want. They are sized funny. If your are around the Edinburgh area and looking at a size 10 (I’m usually an 8 or 8.5 in normal shoes) you’re welcome to give them a spin.

theblackmount
    Free Member

Trouble with all these boots is that they are only as good as the sealing across the hole in the top………..which is where they all fall down. None of the manufacturers have resolved this properly imo.

Once the water is inside a Goretex boot it cannae come back out…and they take days to dry… and the membrane will split fairly soon if you punish them. In the real world I think they are a waste of money myself.

Vaude have some very good looking kit – no experience though of their shoes.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Mavic Scree – and similar’ is closed to new replies.