Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Mavic or Sun-Ringle?
  • hts81
    Free Member

Tech question. I am about to change the worn out tyres on my Cube AMS130. Its still running the standard SunRingle rims it came with three years ago. Whilst rummaging in the garage I spotted my old Cannondale that I was using as a commuter has a set of Mavic 3CRV Cross Ride rims on it. Are these a worth while swap while the bike is in bits? I will obviously swap the chain set and disks etc at the same time, or I could just put new tyres on the standard rims (both sets are 26″ – old skool!)

Thanks all!

oliverd1981
    Free Member

depends what model sun ringles – although the 3CRvs are so old I cant find any other reference to them. you could weigh both sets of wheels and see if you think the old rims are much lighter than the newer ones (I think it’s unlikely) and ten check if they have the same number of spokes, and then if the spoke lengths are correct… Realistically it’s unlikely to be a straight swap.

You could maybe sell the old wheels (theres an odball market for rim braked wheels with non disc hubs) and alonf with the money saved by not having two wheels rebuilt and buy some lighter tyres.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Mavic or Sun-Ringle?’ is closed to new replies.