Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Mavic Ksyrium elite…. brake juddering…
  • twosheds
    Free Member

As above, brake juddering (front wheel) more noticeable when slowing right down. On closer inspection the wheel stops spinning at the point where the rim is joined. I’ve gently rubbed the rim with a sanding pad, but still the same problem. Nothing to see that looks to be at fault, eg cracks, dings, etc

Got the wheel off fleabay a couple of months ago, first time I’ve been out on it. Is it going to explode on me? I’m a big lad! Will it eventually sort itself out? Should I get a new rim?

Thanks for any suggestions…

TiRed

Have one that does the same. As Mavics wear down you will see a wear indicator appear. If you can’t see it, don’t worry. I also have a set that don’t as well. I am not big.

twosheds
    Free Member

Thanks for that, I don’t think it’s something that should be going on with what are quite an expensive wheel!

fifeandy
    Free Member

@TiRed, can you elaborate a bit more on the wear indicator?
    I’ve got a set of 2010 ksyrium elites with 10k miles, and have been wondering how i tell when they are done.

boondock

Try putting a bit of toe in on the pads – this stopped the juddering on my rim brakes.

scaredypants

@TiRed, can you elaborate a bit more on the wear indicator?

little dot appears on the braking surface – normally opposite the valve. I assume same for these rims

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Mavic Ksyrium elite…. brake juddering…’ is closed to new replies.