Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Mavic Drift winter boots
  • thestabiliser
    Free Member

http://startcycles.co.uk/bike-wear/footwear/mountain/mavic-drift-mtb-cycling-shoes-black-silver.html

got mesen some of the above as a christmas pressie – 4 rides in, 8 wet feet. Am I doing something wrong, have unreasonable expectations or are are they crap?

In fairness 2 of those rides included complete submersion but staurdays was an, admittedly very wet, road ride. They start well but can’t seem to last out more than hour before the wet works its way in. hmpph. The strap seems a bit tight around the old cankles are they made purely for the exquitely calfed?Anybody got a pair of boots that work?

munro
    Free Member

Timing – I was just going to post how good I thought these were (+1 on the price). Birthday pressie for me and having never had a winter boot before I’m impressed by snugness and impermeability. Not dunked them yet but two soggy rides I would say I’m OK with them.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Am drying them out still for a night jaunt tonight, not ready to wrte them off yet will try socks shorter than the collar, see if that makes any difference.

Happy birthday btw

munro
    Free Member

Cheers – I’m using a thin merino sock that goes short of the cuff top.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Mavic Drift winter boots’ is closed to new replies.