Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • mavic crossrides
  • wors

any opinions? suitable for the heavier rider?

letmetalktomark

I ride a silver pair (v & disc) on my Voodoo Canzo.

I weigh 100kg and the bike has 5'' of travel at either end.

I have given them a fair beating and they are still true with the freehub still working 😆

I also run 2.35'' Maxxis Minnion tyres on them and again this set up works fine.

I guess they are more XC than anything else and only time will tell….

Driller
    Free Member

I've got a pair that I've been thrashing on my Chameleon for the past twelve months and I would say without hesitation that they are unbelievably good value for money. Still 100% true, bearings and freehub all running super smooth.

I've ridden them reasobably hard too, walloped them a few times where I was very pleasantly surprised to find them not bent.

FOG

I pretzeled the front after a very short time on a fairly routine get off.
    I couldn't get another rim v. easily and gave up and had a custom pair built which have lasted three years with Arch rims –no problems

bobsoff2
    Free Member

Got them on my EX8.. not a "heavy" but ride pretty hard, 1000+ mls and still true, bearings and free hub still going strong,
    Great wheels for the money..

jackthedog
    Free Member

I find the crossrides a bit flexy. I never managed to knock them out of true or ding the rims, but they're not the stiffest of wheels if that sort of thing others you. For the money they're wonderful though.

mieszko
    Free Member

I'm around 100kg now and had the silver V and disc wheels on a Fuel EX with 4" of travel and on a HT Maxlight after that. Never had to true them, just kept on working. Eventually sold and got Race Lites they do the job as well. Wheels are actually pretty light if You use light tubes and tyres. For the price You would be looking at some new Deore hubbed set that would weight over 2kg, only thing that did worry me was the spares availability, try to get a straight pull spoke. Some shops have them, some don't. You can order everything from the dealer but from my mates experience it takes quite a long time to get spares from Mavic. But I never had to check it as the wheels were faultless.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Had mine since May last year on my Handjob, running true and well, not a single issue at all.

Great VFM, look nice and are reliable, not much more than you can ask for really 😀

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘mavic crossrides’ is closed to new replies.