Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Mavic Crossride – rear hub probs-help please
  • shinsplints

Tried to fit my cassette to my mavic crossride rear wheel tonight.It seems I must need a spacer to fit behind the cassette as the cassette is too narrow for the hub.Also,does anyone know if I should also have another spacer or something that fits on the end of the spindle that tightens it all up ? seems like it should have.If the slack is taken up by the q/r then fine,but,I was worried that it may tighten the cassette up so much that it cannot move.

Can anyone confirm what spacers/bits I need.Bought wheels off here & it seems this bit was missing.
    Cheers,Simon

2hottie
    Free Member

IIRC, there should be a spacer which sits behind the cassette its only a few mil thick. This would have been provided with the wheels as my bro had the same issue with his(he had the spacer tho). As for where to get a replacement, maybe the importer or your L.B.S. as the spacer has the same cuttings as the freehub body for a tight fit.

good luck

shinsplints

Cheers – I have read that bits for the crossride can be a pain in the ass to find so will try leisure lakes as first point of call –
    Anyone know who imports/distributes mavic in the uk ?

2hottie
    Free Member

cool, I though Mavic where imported by chickencycles or something like that? As for leisure fall, (due my poor experiences with them) the may have one in the bits box as they most likely forgot to fit it to someones bike.. lol

shinsplints

lol – yeah probably ! – will also try dave mellors (local to me in shrewsbury) as they came up on the mavic site.I was going to try & blag some direct from the importer first though ! should be sorted either way. !

fingers
    Free Member

If you have a problem sourcing one mate, email me at steven.handsATsky.com, i have a spare somewhere.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

How about the spacers from between the sprockets from an old cassette? Or the smallest sprocket from an old cassette?

wonnyj
    Free Member

Could possibly be a crossmax freehub on a crossride wheel? Best check with a good bike shop. Kev at Skyline cycles at Afan knows his stuff when it comes to mavic wheels, or any other mavic accredited mechanic.

wonnyj
    Free Member

Could possibly be a crossmax freehub on a crossride wheel? Best check with a good bike shop. Kev at Skyline cycles at Afan knows his stuff when it comes to mavic wheels, or any other mavic accredited mechanic.

avalanche
    Free Member

You should have been supplied with a spacer. If you take a smallish sprocket out of an old cassette you can use it as a spacer till the proper one arrives. You can’t use the first couple of sprockets as they are too thick. Place the sprocket on before the cassette, for obvious reasons.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Mavic Crossride – rear hub probs-help please’ is closed to new replies.