Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Mavic Crossride 11 speed road compatible?
  • daver27
    Free Member

Hi All,

so, a snapped spoke on my cross bike has utterly destroyed the rear wheel this weekend (it was rubbish anyway)

however, its a 135 QR disc hub that takes an 11 speed road cassette, which isn’t common at all (yet)

Does anyone know for definite whether a Mavic Crossride will take an 11 speed road cassette? i’m not after spending oodles of money on a specific wheelset as its just my commuter.

the reason i am looking at these is i also need a 15mm axled front wheel, so road disc wheelsets are out

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Yes it will all mavic are 11 speed compatible

doublecross
    Free Member

Ok I’m chiming in because I own mavic crossrides and they are NOT 11 speed road compatible. I have a6800 group on my soma double cross and I dropped out the 12 tooth cog from my cassette which worked fine after adjusting the rd limit. However there is a slight hiccup when shifting from the 11t to the 13t, caused by the slightly larger spacing. This is my temporary fix while I’m building up a set of Shimano cx75 hubs, I’m still deciding on rims and would love some input but I’m leaning toward velocitys aileron series. So to answer your question directly no they will not work with an 11 speed road cassette.

simondbarnes

If you want something cheapish & cheerful then Mavic Aksium One Discs are 15mm compatible and only about £160

http://www.mavic.co.uk/wheels-road-triathlon-aksium-one-disc

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Mavic Crossride 11 speed road compatible?’ is closed to new replies.