Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Mavic crossmax sx or light bicycle carbon wheels
  • wolfenstein
    Free Member

Just for UK trail centres?

Please decide for me o’ Singletrack

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Does the mavic need to special mavic spokes? It would rule it out for me.

wolfenstein
    Free Member
    euans2
    Free Member

SX does use Mavic spokes but they are very strong spokes. The SX is also due to be discontinued, however the SX is a good reliable wheelset which is strong and fairly light, I’ve used mines up at Fort William on the World Cup DH track and they handled it very well, no dings and still running true. They are also happy doing days out on a XC route across the Pentland hills

wolfenstein
    Free Member
    njee20
    Free Member

Reynolds are narrow and heavy. It’s a no from me.

LB for the win, on DT240s or sommat.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Not carbon but I recently got some trace trail rims built on dt 240s. Utterly superb wheels

sq225917
    Free Member

I used to run the SX on my demo I now run 33m LB on Hopes with CX-ray on my Commencal. They are both good wheels. I’d have the SX again any time great wheel, robust, easy to service and light. Spares availability might be an issue, so buy a handful of spokes to keep you going. The carbon wheels are similarly fine, about the same weight and price and have proven to be tough so far.

Neither of them are a bad choice.

Northwind

If you’ve got to go with some tied-in, special parts thing, then Mavic’s the only one you should… It’s still a pain but the parts aren’t hard to track down and they stock them for years (I got a new axle for a set of 2007 Crossmaxes in the same time it takes to get a spoke for today’s wheels, really good). Crossmax SX is a decent wheelset but expensive imo. Rims not the toughest but you can get the crash warranty thing.

But LB on DT240 for me, cheaper and a stack lighter, and hopefully not weaker!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Mavic crossmax sx or light bicycle carbon wheels’ is closed to new replies.