Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Mavic Crossmax ST 29" – Any Good? Will they fit?
  • Orangejohn
    Free Member

I fancy a pair for an Orange Giro – bolt thru 12mm MAXLE 135mm.
    The descriptions say they come with QR and 12mm 142mm adapters.
    So I am assuming that I will need 12mm 135mm adapters, are they available.
    Is it an aftermarket extra or are they included as well.

In anticipation, thanks for any help.
    Regards
    John

jimw
    Free Member

I have a set on my Cotic. They are fantastic, tranformed the ridecompared to the Hope/Arch ex wheelset I had.

khani
    Free Member

Mine came with all the front and rear hub adapters, wheel bearing adjustment tool, spoke key, tubeless presta valves, shraeder valve converters, stickers and a wheel magnet for the fat spokes, They’re not the cheapest but at least they aren’t tight with what bits you get.
    And as above ^^ they ride lovely! 😀

Mbnut
    Free Member

‘I have a set on my Cotic. They are fantastic, tranformed the ridecompared to the Hope/Arch ex wheelset I had.’

JimW and Khani, I have always been reasonably happy with my Flow set ups, how do the STs ride differently… I may drip m toe into the 29er water and I think wheelset choice is likely to play a significant role in how the bike feels.

Cheers… sorry for thread hi jack

khani
    Free Member

I went from hope pro2 evo crests and the ST’s feel much stiffer for tha same 1710g weight, the freehub pickup is noticeably faster AND,,,,, they’re not as bloody noisy!
    Also..I was offered a blinding, never to be repeated deal from my LBS, and I’m just a guy who can’t say no.. 😀
    He knows it too, the bastard!.. 😥

Orangejohn
    Free Member

I now know I want a pair.

No need a pair!

But will they fit 12/135 the info says they come with 12/142 adapters.

jimw
    Free Member

The rims are clearly lighter than the, probably ultimately stronger, Arch EX which means appreciably quicker acceleration. Crests are the same weight as Khani says. The Crossmax’s are also stiffer laterally so you notice truer tracking. Pickup and drive seems more immediate. The Hope/arch weight is 1800 ish grams, the Crossmax 1720 ish. I am afraid I don’t know about the 135×12 axle, the Cotic is a 135 x9. I wouls suggest asking you local mavic dealer.
    Edit: Just checked on the Mavic website, they show 135 x12mm as an option, not sure if included or extra, like the 9mm qr front adaptors are.
    Should also say that the bearing drag on the Hope is significantly greater when you spin them

khani
    Free Member

Mine came with 135×12, but I might have been lucky.. Worst case scenario is an extra £20ish on the price of the wheels..
    How much do you want need them? 😉

Mbnut
    Free Member

Cheers guys

Gotama
    Free Member

As an alternative i find my P35 rims noticeably stiffer than the flows (both 29er) on the other bike. Both on Hope hubs.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Mavic Crossmax ST 29" – Any Good? Will they fit?’ is closed to new replies.