Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Mavic Aksiums : any good for cyclocross ??
  • valley
    Free Member

HI does anyone use Aksiums for Cyclocross ? I’v got a set on my roadbike but fancy something better for it, then use the Aksiums on the Cross

JoB
    Free Member

they’ll be fine

passing old kit from your road bike to your ‘cross bike because you “need” new stuff for the former is the traditional way of doing things

Rorschach
    Free Member

Mine did 2 seasons and a 3 peaks before needing a new rim!

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

^^ as above. I’m sure they’ll be fine for traditional cyclocross.

IME they’re kinda pants for anything more gnar though. Very strong wheels: but only up to a point. Once that threashold is exceeded, though, they suddenly go from utterly bullet proof to ‘funny’ and appear to be virtually unfixable. Then they’re pretty much good only scrap (hub, rim, spokes, the lot). Other wheels seem to give you a bit more warning before that. Its a complete PITA to build new rims on to ’em and/or find a suitable rim to replace the trashed one.

…a bit of a contrast to more usable traditional spoke / hub combos, which are generally easier to true up and / or replace bits as they go wrong.

Just my experience though (a 2nd time trashed rear Aksium user) 😉

Rorschach
    Free Member

Aksium rims are only £30 new.My back wheel is like triggers broom these days!

billyboy
    Free Member

Seen ’em break before a year was up of normal road riding…Mavic did warranty them tho!!!!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Mavic Aksiums : any good for cyclocross ??’ is closed to new replies.