Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Mavic A319 as 29er Rims?
  • BigGraham
    Free Member

As above really just noticed these are pretty cheap and was wondering if anyone had used them for 29er duties? I know they are classed as touring rims but for light xc use will they be ok or am I going to die?

bananaworld
    Free Member

I use 'em on a 29er, 2.1" tyres. They're great: nice width, double-eyeletted. What more could you ask?

Do it. Do it now.

BigGraham
    Free Member

Wicked cheers mate, just wanted some reassurance before I splash the cash! the world of big wheels awaits 🙂

Jerome
    Free Member

TN719's are the other option
    Poss pricee – er though
    J.

BigGraham
    Free Member

Yeh looked at the TN719 but they are a bit more and only seem available as 36h? (got a spare set of 32h hubs kicking about ready) might just be me crap at looking tho!

paulandfrodo
    Free Member

I've got MAVIC 29 TN719 DISC coming on my Orbea.. So,I too am hoping these are good…

miketually
    Free Member

I used/use Mavic MA3 rims which are the same as Open Sport, I think. Not had any problems, but I'm 11 stone and jey.

Keef
    Free Member

I've used MA3's in the past,built a couple of 29er wheels for other folks with em an all,never had a problem,13 stone,don't jump,but have a go at anythin else !

rootes1

tn719 come in 36 and 32 – i have some 32's on my bike i got them from CRC, they list 32 but are out of stock at mo according to website

BigGraham
    Free Member

Ok cheers rootes1 think I'm going for the 319's as they are in stock and ready to go and I'm gagging to get this bloody bike going!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Mavic A319 as 29er Rims?’ is closed to new replies.