Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Mavic 26"-700c brake caliper adjusters – anyone used them?
  • Woody
    Free Member

Clever solution and cheaper than a new frame to run 700c wheels but not very cheap at £48 for 2 – but as no-one seems to be selling a Kaffenback and I have 2 mtb frames which could be converted ……………

Question is, do they work, is there any loss in braking power and what size tyre can you get in there?

Fitted pic :-
    [img]http://www.dirtragmag.com/blogarific/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/rear-frame.jpg[/img]

antigee

run one on back of my fugly(an old trek easton frame/cx stylee drops with 700c wheels, cx style carbon fork on front) fit and forget but probably the heaviest component on bike except for my moobs
    couldn't find a cheaper alternative
    not sure on max tyre width running 32mm and that is fine

edit – as per comment on weight – solid and thick steel and bolt on firm so i don't think any loss in braking power

Woody
    Free Member

Thanks antigee. As you say, they are the cheapest alternative but still pricy and add over 1/2 lb weight as I was going to get both ends.

On balance I think it will be better and easier to go along the same route as yourself ie. cx/road front fork (Pomp/Kaff forks are only an extra £11 to the adaptor) and the adjuster on the rear.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Mavic 26"-700c brake caliper adjusters – anyone used them?’ is closed to new replies.