Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Maverick speedball
  • martinxyz
    Free Member

Can anyone in the U.K. service one of these or would I have to order the parts to service it from the states? Just wondering if anyone over here has those spares needed to take the rotational play out of it as well as whatever I need to sort the hyper extension thats started!

Cheers

TheSwede
    Free Member

Sell as spares or repair on ebay and buy a decent post. They were shite.

monogramman
    Free Member

Can you not get spares from crank bros?

I thought the Joplin was the same?

Junkyard
    Free Member

mail me i have a pdf guide and a spare set of guides to remove play

mboy
    Free Member

Crank Bros parts fit

No Maverick spares agents have any spares for the Speedballs in the UK though. I emailed Craig Simpson a while ago, he sent me his entire spares collection to try and salvage anything from (3 broken posts) to keep mine going.

Bought my (functional) post from a guy off here, he’s an engineer and had made new guide blocks himself for it. I’ll send him an email see if he fancies making some more up.

Anybody got any spare seals so I can make functional posts out of the spares I have as essentially that’s the problem with each of them.

Junkyard
    Free Member

why not just make your own seals ?
    Are they rubber?
    just get the right thickness cut to size then glue it?
    what we used to do with marine stuff

martinxyz
    Free Member

Hi Junk,I think I found this pdf a few weeks ago when the problem first cropped up with my post. I might mail you later/tomorrow,cheers for that.

Hi mboy, yeah this blocks getting made up is what I need to look into. It sounds like the same chap as JY is talking about. Are you sure you want to get rid of them,Junkyard?! Maybe I should get them from you and send them to whoever. I take it the chap has a fresh set kicking about to copy.

It’s not desperate but something I’d be happy to sort out. I do like the lever operation without the cable.. and for most rides,its easy enough to grab it.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

mboy – which seals? The big / main external one? Or which internal one?

stuey
    Free Member

Didn’t Trouty cut a spare ‘block’ out of a brass 13 amp plug pin?

paulevans
    Free Member

I’ve got a Speedball that I’m willing to sell on. It’s not been used for a good while, comes with the remote. Last time it was used it worked fine, but with the expected side to side slope.

Let me know if you’re interested

trout
    Free Member

Yes I did
    it was for a mates post but not had any feedback as to how well it
    is working but it did improve the sideways play lots.

Fiddly little bugger though.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Maverick speedball’ is closed to new replies.