Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Maverick fork servicing for a newbie fettler!
  • ijl1969
    Free Member

So after cutting my teeth on converting to 1×10, bleeding brakes, setting up tubeless, adjusting mechs etc, keen to service and convert a set of maverick forks I’ve just purchased second hand for the fat bike.

Even after looking at the diagrams and trying to convince myself that everyone says they are easy to work on still nervous about doing the deed and taking them apart!

Any experts in the Surrey area who could ‘hand hold’….happy to supply the beers & crisps!

Cheers

cynic-al
    Free Member

No but it to s a piece of piss.

The internals put modern POS forks to shane

Dibbs
    Free Member

They really are pretty simple, and easy to service and tune. I’m not sure what the spares availability situation is like though.
    I currently have 6 pairs of SC32’s. 😳

tommid
    Free Member

Dibbs, Send a set this way. Especially if they ware 29ers

hofnar
    Free Member

Did you get one of those flexy SC’s or one of those mean looking DUCS. Easy to service. Thoug the legs metal is flimsy so when you unscrew the damper make sur your tool is a great fit. Actually don’t use a normal wrench just put it in a vice wit some protection(I modded a small vice and it makes it so much smoother).

As for parts there is a bloke who does spares in France.

My forks collect dust now that I have a new bike with Bluto’s but nothing can better the looks of a Duc

mtbmaff
    Free Member

The French Maverick guy was Alpamayo, email was alpatech@free.fr. Also probably more use is Atkins cycles in Leamington Spa, look on their website they’ve got seal kits and the PDFs are available for servicing your forks on http://www.maverick.com.
    Also Craig Simpson at simpsoncycleservices@googlemail.com , he serviced a rear shock for me some years ago, don’t know if he’s still in business but worth an email? Mobile 07986411810
    Just remembered Tim at Sideways cycles, always very helpful and knowledgeable http://www.sidewayscycles.co.uk, 01270883785 and info@sidewayscycles.co.uk
    If you need any advice etc mail me, address in profile.
    PSA for maverick fork owners, there are upgraded quick release clamps for front wheel available now from Atkins cycles in stainless.

beaker

Have a look here Maverick servicing for a full PDF guide

Stealth edit- above link might not work… put this in your browser or google Maverick fork servicing. http://www.maverickbike.com/cms_images/file_15.pdf

rOcKeTdOg

iirc i think it helps if you have a 24mm spanner, I’m sure mtbmaff can confirm this, he serviced a pair for me 🙂

ijl1969
    Free Member

Thanks all, feel a lot more confident having a go, mtbmaff will drop you a mail if all going horribly wrong! Appreciate the offer

Cheers

P.s. It’s a pair of SC32’s 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Maverick fork servicing for a newbie fettler!’ is closed to new replies.