Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Maverick DUC Vs Vanilla QR15 Vs Pikes
  • P20

I'm thinking of changing my Maverick DUC forks on my Yeti 575. They replaced some Fox Vanillas that felt too flexy (fore/aft) under braking and big hits. The DUC's are great but they've never been as supple as the Vanillas. Are the new QR15s stiffer? How do the Pike coils compare? I've kind of ruled out the 36s on weight/price.

P20

Anyone?

mildred

There's hardly any difference in weight for Pikes and 36's (about 2.4kg versus 2.3kg).

Pikes, are stiff though.

If you want to save a bit of weight the Revelation air with 20mm bolt through has exactly the same legs as a Pike, but a slightly different crown. Good performance too, but still not quite as nice as Fox.

P20

Cheers for that. Hadn't realised how heavy the Pikes were 😐 Still way cheaper than 36s though!

BigDummy
    Free Member

I have a pair of coil pikes. Can't do a direct comparison, but they are extremely solid-feeling. And really quite hefty.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I've got 140mm QR Vanillas on one bike and coil Pikes on t'other.
    The Vanillas are a bit better damped (Not much in it really) and the Pikes are noticeably stiffer.

snaps
    Free Member

I put these 454 Pikes on this bike but went back to the DUC's after a few weeks – prefer the feel & function.
    Pikes for sale in FS section.

Dango
    Free Member

Weird, for me DUC32's were the worst forks I've ever had/used

Pikes are great and very versatile and 36's rock if you can afford them

the_lecht_rocks

32 VAN RLC 15mm BT's on my 456.

Awesome fork, just oversprung. fortunately, there's 3 springs supplied, one softer, one harder in case you're a fat g1t.

damping is best in it's class and the BT provides ample stiffness / security 😀

P20

Cheers guys.
    I should have perhaps said at the start the bike is for xc/trail use. I did like the Vanillas action, hence i want to go back to coils, but wondered if the newer ones were stiffer. I think my old ones were 2005ish. I think 36s would be overkill for my riding.

hicksville
    Free Member

I have had coil and air pikes and have some 36 talas, the pikes are very good but the fox are great both outshine anything else out there, as mildred said weight negliable, I prefer the 36 but very happy with pikes

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Maverick DUC Vs Vanilla QR15 Vs Pikes’ is closed to new replies.