Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Maverick DUC 32.
  • johnnymarone
    Free Member

Anyone still use these? Anyone have any up-to-date links to their service documents online? Tried the Maverick bikes website but its locked out on my kindle. Am looking for how to possibly adjust the dampers for a heavier rider , before i buy a bike sporting a set of DUC 32s. Any help / recommendations/ warnings of extreme foolishness before I buy this bike are welcome.

boblo
    Free Member

I’ve got pdf’s of the manuals. Ping me an email and I’ll send them to you.

boxelder

I remember them in high demand, as they would take a wheel bigger than 26″, for those early 69er builds. Can’t help though sorry. Maybe the ‘heavier rider’ side of the equation could be addressed 😉

Bruce

Mine liked to lubricate my disc brake.
    I also have an adapter to clamp the forks to a Thule roof carrier if anybody wants one.

bruneep

mine were worryingly super flexy

Onzadog
    Free Member

Feels like the market could be about read for a reimagining of these.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I use them, have SC32s also.

Cheapskate for 29″, B+ even fat wheel.

johnnystorm

Tried the Maverick bikes website but its locked out on my kindle.

Is it the kindle or that they ceased trading a decade ago? 😉

Sven

I just got my SC32s serviced by John Aitken cycles in Leamington Spa, they can still get hold of spares from some US supplier who bought most/all stock when Maverick folded…

pampmyride
    Free Member

4 years ago this was my main bike… Have service info too.

vmgscot

There was a document on how best to configure the shim stack for different weights or riding styles that I remember (did this on SC32 but imagine DUCs are same). If the info is not in the service docs from @boblo then PM me.

edd

I had DUCs, probably not the best fork, but I loved them. With some geekery (I even persuaded Paul Turner to send me an engineering drawing) I converted them from 150mm with 100mm lockdown; to 100mm with 75mm lockdown. Ran them on my XC hardtail.

johnnymarone
    Free Member

Gentlemen / ladies,
    Thank you for the help so far. Many thanks to @boblo for the documents.
    If anyone else would like to send me any info they have, all donations greatly appreciated.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Maverick DUC 32.’ is closed to new replies.