Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • MattressMinefieldTrackWorld!
  • esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

The time has come for a new mattress but It’s a minefield of advice as far as I can see, wev’e ‘tried’ a few today but lying on a mattress in a shop for 10-15 mins isn’t really much to make your mind up on is it?
    So I was wondering if anyone’s tried any of those that do a trial period after youv’e bought it. Eve for instance do a 100 day period.
    Anyone?

dannybgoode

We went to Dreams. Sales guy knew an unhealthy amount about mattresses so could advise is pretty well and they have them all out to try to get an idea.

They then offer a 30 day exchange night we’ve not needed that – mattress is brilliant (Flaxby one – firm on my side, medium on Mrs Danny’s side).

simply_oli_y
    Free Member

We got one from Ikea.

They offer the same 90 day period to return and exchange. Though never needed to as found it great!

maccruiskeen

So I was wondering if anyone’s tried any of those that do a trial period after youv’e bought it. Eve for instance do a 100 day period.
    Anyone?

Made use of trial period that Ikea have with their mattresses – turned out in our case the the mattresses in the shop bear no real comparison to the one you buy (the one we bought was much firmer than the sample in the shop probably because the shop one have been bounced on 12 hrs a day for X-years.

Although theres quite stringent stipulations on how you return the mattress (in original packing etc which was tricky to do) and the fun of getting a super-kingsize mattress back to the shop they were absolutely no-quibble about the exchange. “I don’t know why they have all those condition for returns, we just put them straight in the skip”

So I’d say even if you’re able to sample a mattress in the flesh a try and return policy is definitely worthwhile. Just consider what returning it will actually involve – luckily we have our own van so carting ours back to the shop was no big deal.

I’d also say that having that kind of return policy is a sign (perhaps) that they’re pretty confident in their product (or that it’s spectacularly overpriced) as returns are pretty costly and wasteful.

DezB
    Free Member

I’ve just ordered a Mammoth. Bloke in shop said they’re amazing. I lie down on it. It was amazing. We cuddled, I ordered.
    I’m not looking up any of the stuff he told me though, cos I’ll probably find I overpaid by loads!

BigJohn

Have a look at the John Ryan website for insight into the mattress business. They’re not impartial, but they’re honest and they sell excellent mattresses at very good prices for what they are.
    The phone staff are knowledgeable. Very glad we got ours. Artisan Natural King Size.

If you google it, they say something about the Mammoth mattress too in a Q&A

myti
    Free Member

Got an OTTY with the trial period and free pillows. Best bed I’ve ever had. Only problem is when I stay at other peoples houses or away on holiday I struggle to get comfortable as I miss the amazing comfort of my bed at home.

djflexure

Hypnos are good – we have had a couple of beds from them. You still have to decide what you like. There is an an ebay outlet that I have used successfully, Crendon_furniture_outlet, based in Long Crendon near the Hypnos factory.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Crendon-Furniture-Outlet?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

popstar
    Free Member

John Ryan by design +1.

footflaps

“I don’t know why they have all those condition for returns, we just put them straight in the skip”

What a waste!

Simba try and find charity homes for their returned mattresses…

fossy

Tempur for those of us with knackered backs – good but expensive.

Fat-boy-fat

Tempur+1. Their new cloud mattress is immensely comfortable.

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

I have a mammoth performance 25, it’s a little firmer than the one we tried in the shop which is disappointing, but is still very nice & i’d recommend if you suffer from back issues, etc.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

I often find I wake up in a morning with a stiff lower back (not front), which seems to ease as the morning goes on. Even worse on the very rare occasion I spend more than 6 hours in bed.

The wife is using this an excuse to buy a new mattress. After seeing some of the prices they go for, I need convincing our mattress could be possibly to blame for my back.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I don’t have back issues/problems as such, just sometimes can’t lie in for long cos my back/hips ache.
    Our current mattress is about 15-20 yrs old & it was £700 then!

Jerome
    Free Member

John lewis here.
    Went for the medium cotton then changed to firm after 3 months.
    Only had to pay postage cost.
    Check policy now,as think’ they shortened return window..

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘MattressMinefieldTrackWorld!’ is closed to new replies.