Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Maths people – please help me calculate volume!
  • johndoh
    Free Member

As an aside (again, due to my experience of knowing someone with one) I find them very odd. As they are at ground level there doesn’t seem a need to walk around them but it feels equally odd to walk over them. I don’t know why, it just feels unnatural.

EDIT: You could also have a ground level climbing frame where all the parts are just laid out on the lawn hereby negating the need for any climbing on the climbing frame.

prawny

My niece broke her leg on a trampoline without even falling off it. Just landed awkwardly on the bouncy bit.

Has the OP considered a swing? 😉

Took our two to one of them massive indoor trampoline parks yesterday, eldest is nursing some injuries today. Looked a right laugh though, going to try and go on with them next time.

T1000
    Free Member

You can use a safety net with a recessed trampoline.

Consider using the spoil to landscape part of the garden, as eventually you likely to want to refill the hole…

aracer
    Free Member

Has the OP considered a swing?

Are you suggesting a ground level one, or should the OP dig a hole deep enough to hide the top of it?

glasgowdan
    Free Member

aracer – Member
    Evidence for this assertion? Ours gets played on lots despite the ladders, though we also have other ladders on a climbing frame – kids like ladders.

Googling! And my own thought process/knowing my kids.

johndoh
    Free Member

Are you suggesting a ground level one, or should the OP dig a hole deep enough to hide the top of it?

Or lay it on it’s side to avoid risk of injury caused by swinging.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Swing should be in a half pipe to maintain a constant distance between swing and ground.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

We’ve got the swing… I built one with a 10ft high cross bar, slide and 2 swings earlier in the year 🙂 My favourite game is to see if I can push the kids fast enough on it for them to make a whistling sound as they speed through the air

aracer
    Free Member

Your kids are scared of ladders? Are you sure a trampoline is the thing for them?

aracer
    Free Member

Ah, now I understand, the trampoline is going in front of the swing, so they can jump off the swing onto the trampoline?

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Scared? No…L.A.Z.Y!

aracer
    Free Member

In which case can I recommend a hammock instead

glasgowdan
    Free Member

[video]https://youtu.be/cPEnRb6aaS4[/video]

perchypanther
    Free Member

You should build a treehouse next….

joshvegas
    Free Member

Ah i see what you mean.

Have you considered that you’re digging a big pond?

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Yes, mitigated with a sump at the bottom. If it pools I’ll chuck a wee pond pump down there.

jimdubleyou

If it pools I’ll chuck a wee pond pump down there.

Should probably tell kids it’s not ok to wee under the trampoline.

😛

glasgowdan
    Free Member

I’d prefer that to the places they’re peeing in at the moment!!!

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Pretty much filled the 8 yard skip, along with some of the other rubble lying around the garden. Though the 100cm deep hole plan was thwarted by a clay drainpipe right in the middle of the hole at 70cm deep, forcing the spec to be changed to a slightly raised trampoline with a nice grass banking! 🙂

Looks great though. Thanks for the maths.

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘Maths people – please help me calculate volume!’ is closed to new replies.