Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Mast Descent, Princetown
  • foxyrider
    Free Member

Tried to find it with Bucko Sunday but to no avail – have they bulldozed it?

trailmonkey

up the (endless)road from merrivale towards royston vasey. keep climbing up past the two gate houses then turn right at the red phonebox. follow your nose to the mast, go past it, around north hessary tor and there it is (or used to be anyhow)

foxyrider
    Free Member

Found it on google maps satellite! – the start is not clear from the top 🙁 we missed it. I guess follow it down with the wall on your left? next time 🙂

trailmonkey

yes, wall on the left.

you didn’t miss much.

it’s like hameldown but with a 50 min car journey to get there.

foxyrider
    Free Member

LOL – yeah 🙂 Shame as we went off track to get up there tis all 🙂

Cheers 🙂

crispybacon
    Free Member

When i saw your track log i did think you went the wrong way @ the top- Lol. As per TM stay on the road up the hill, over the cattle grid & take a right over the gate past the phone box, up the hill & keep the wall on your left. Maybe next time i’ll be along too.

jam-bo

you didn’t miss much.

I find it a nice way to forget the pain of that climb, its unpleasant on a road bike let alone a mtb. The mast descent is fun at speed once you’ve cut through the bogs at the top. some reasonable drops in there.

I tend to miss out the walkham valley trail now, climb the old railway from burrator, turn off at foggintor and cut across to the merrivale road.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Mast Descent, Princetown’ is closed to new replies.