Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Massively dull paint job?
  • m1kea
    Free Member

Chap over on another forum posted a thread about a respray he was asked to do.

Could the customer not have asked for something more interesting?

As you can see, I linked to a chap on the time trialling forum who has been doing something much more exotic.

LapSteel
    Free Member

The black one’s nice

deus

Looks better than Hora’s matt alu Specialized.

plumber
    Free Member

will anyone notice when its covered in shit

_tom_
    Free Member

The black looks better than that tacky time trial bike.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I like black bikes a lot. I’d love a matt black frame with gloss black decals on it. 🙂

ChrisL

I find black to be an uninteresting colour for bike frames but there’s a lot of them around so I appear to be in a minority. Even one of my bikes is black, but it’d have cost me a couple of hundred quid to get it in a more interesting colour so I guess that shows how much my aesthetic principals are worth.

Still it seems odd that the kid wanted a unique look for his bike so he picked… black.

racefaceec90

i love really outlandish colours for bikes (like my day glow kawasaki green duster). someone put up a pic here a while ago of a spesch downhill bike that was multicoloured dayglow.that was a colourscheme and a half.i’m afraid that white one leaves me cold 😐 (and what if they get caught in a freak snowstorm 😉

m1kea
    Free Member

Back in the mid 80’s I black Hammerited a road bike and thought it looked the bolx. – Obviously it wasn’t but such are the joys of ignorance in youth. 🙄

If I was going to pay for a respray I’d definitely go with something visually appealing and interestingly a quick Google image search has quite a few black frames.

tk46hal
    Free Member

The frame looks fine now for a boring satin black but will chip like mad when being used on the trials! I would of used powder and not solvent stuff! Good look though!

bwaarp
    Free Member

Daft colours and clashing colour combinations are the way forward…..

luminous green frame with luminous orange rims….mmmmmm

nedrapier

homage to Shaun Palmer?

if horribly misdirected…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Massively dull paint job?’ is closed to new replies.