Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Massive nosebleed on a first date… how would you react?
  • dooge
    Free Member

Hey all,

Went on a first date with a lass the other that I met though Plenty of fish. All going well, chatting normally, sat in the middle of a small restaurant. I was just getting over a cold so I had been blowing my nose loads beforehand and was really hoping to avoid it that night. Instead, half way through eating I feel something drip and look down to see my nose gushing blood all over my best shirt! I grab a napkin and run to the loo. Shes seen it and so has half the restaurant! Whilst I spend 10 minutes in the loo trying to sort myself out shes text asking if Im ok. After I finish cleaning up and hoping that it doesnt happen again and that my face isnt covered in blood I sheepishly return. Moods ruined, theres blood in my fajita’s so I left it and Im as embarrassed as anyone can be. I pay for both of us and we go. I promptly apologised but since the moods ruined theres nothing much to talk about and she says she will get in contact. She has but the first date is all I can think about now! How would you have dealt with it?

bearnecessities

Seems like she’s nice enough tbh by her reaction & getting in touch as she said. You’re probably way more bothered than she is – whatever you do, don’t go on about it in the coming conversations/texts/whatever would be my advice.

Funny as hell though 😀

Onzadog
    Free Member

To be honest, I’ve known loads of relationships that have started with a horror story. If she doesn’t contact you, it wasn’t meant to be. However, if she does, probably means you’re off to a strong start.

wrecker
    Free Member

She probably thinks you’re a cocaine fiend!
    Only joking, feel bad for you mate but don’t worry. If she doesn’t call because of this then she’s not worth it anyway.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

She thinks you do loads of coke probably

JoB
    Free Member

it’s a good opener for your wedding speech

say ‘sorry about that’ once, carry on

Drac

She called you so don’t worry about it. Just a nose bleed what’s the issue?

qwerty
    Free Member

I dumped my missus off the back of a motorbike and into a stream whist crossing a ford on a first date.

andyl
    Free Member

you should have asked her for a couple of tampons to stuff up your nose 😀

wrecker
    Free Member

I dumped my missus off the back of a motorbike and into a stream whist crossing a ford on a first date.

Brilliant.

hooli

TBH if you are a nice enough bloke and the date went well otherwise, she is a cow for not wanting to see you again for something as minor as that.

I have had worse dates, even if I haven’t lost anybody off the back of a bike 😳

spooky_b329

Sounds like a good excuse for a second attempt!

sandwicheater

how would you react?

I’d have finished the fajitas, what a waste!

Just sit back and see. You’re on to a winner if she calls for another date. Either that or she is super needy/desperate 😆

growinglad
    Free Member

Don’t stress, she’s called. Move on..

Think there are far worse things that could have happened on first date….and I don’t think I need to go into details.

imnotverygood

I called my wife a “F miserable cow ” at the end of my first date. The relationship recovered.

dooge
    Free Member

Dumping your now missus off the back of a motorbike on a first date is pretty funny!

Thanks for all the replies, I would rather forget the incident now than go on about it to her and keep apologising! Time to ask her out for a second date.

thegreatape
    Free Member

It all depends on what you did for her to punch you in the face.

enfht
    Free Member

I’d be more concerned about the blood in your fajita. Best get it looked at.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

My missus brought an “overnight bag” that first date.

Success! I thought.

She’s still here. It’s been 6 years.

j450n
    Free Member

I’ve also done the qwerty thing, if they like you they save the revenge for later (She pushed me in the canal), still went out for two years.

Call her up and ask for a second go.

DickBarton

Stick a tampon up affected nostril and carry on…

Dolcered

Interesting first story to reminise about…….

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Text her something like “It’ll be a funny story to tell the kids…LOL.”

senorj

Arrange another date and get on with it.(providing you were having a good time pre bleed!)
    I went on a first date years ago and was severely beaten up by 5 or 6 bodybuilder types.
    We had plenty to talk about on the second date…..

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Good job you did`nt sneeze on her !

lemonysam
    Free Member

I’d take a massively over the top wad of tissues to the next date and make a joke about it.

kja78
    Free Member

I fell asleep at the cinema on a first date once. When she nudged me to wake me up I shouted at her and told her to leave me alone. We got married a year later (and are still living happily ever after 12 years on).

DezB
    Free Member

Simple. If she can forget about it, so can you. Relationship goes well, it’s something you can laugh about later.
    Brave to go for a meal on a first date, I must say!

seavers
    Free Member

I’d be more concerned about the blood in your fajita. Best get it looked at.

Damn it, dribbled beer while laughing.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Massive nosebleed on a first date… how would you react?’ is closed to new replies.