Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Massive Attack: Heligoland
  • saxabar
    Free Member

Scary stuff, it's 7 years since 100th Window! Anyone else had a listen to Heligoland yet, available on Spotify? It's not a "massive" departure from form gone by with spliffed-out whispers, electronic warbling, a few yanks of the heart strings and the odd rock guitar chucked in for measure, but it will be on my playlist for the next few days. As football managers might say, it's a solid performance.

Mister-P
    Free Member

I have had if for a couple of weeks now. I like it apart from the Damon Albarn track (track 9). His vocals just annoy me. I have to agree it is very Massive Attack, nothing revolutionary.

anonymouse
    Free Member

It's Mr Garvey who annoys me, but even that tracks growing on me. Much better than the rather insipid 100th Window.

warton
    Free Member

I love it, saw them live before christmas and was blown away, first time they'd ever played Newcastle. as you say not a massive departure from their old stuff, but for me that's a great thing!

nuke

Was given it as a Valentine's gift from my wife…shall go and have a listen 🙂

TooTall
    Free Member

Only managed to listen in stits and farts so far. It might need a proper listening-to.

atlaz
    Free Member

I saw them live on Thursday. If the stuff works as well on CD then it should be good. That said, since Mezzanine, their stuff has been fairly similar sounding but that's not a bad thing.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Massive Attack: Heligoland’ is closed to new replies.