• This topic has 8 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by Del.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Masses of SPAM?
  • thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

anyone else getting “I cant believe what these girls will do with…..” (insert; themselves/horses/gearsticks/each other) and various celebrity nakednes’. All for the same/similar site names (hover over the links, not clicking on them).

getting about 8 a day!

coffeeking
    Free Member

you want to stop visiting amateur blogs! 🙂

Seriously though, yes – large increase in spam recently.

higgo
    Free Member

Mine all seem to be important notifications to update my security details with banks I’ve never used.

Bizarrely I seem to have had mail purporting to be from just about every bank apart from the one I actually do bank with.

ken_shields
    Free Member

Lots of spam 😯

CountZero

Funny, I’ve been getting stacks of this crap as well, a lot is from Google groups. It all seemed to kick off a couple of months or so ago. I’ve been trying to train my Mail app to dump it, but a lot seems to be getting through to my phone, dammit!

JulianA
    Free Member

SpamBayes is very good if you are using Outlook or (I think) Outlook Express.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Yep, I have this. My favourite was something to do with macaques, and an entire indian tribe interfering with a horse.

While I am not going to pretend that I have never used the internet to watch films of people having sexual intercourse, I draw the line at watching films of people having sexual intercourse with macaques, or indeed any non-human creature apart from the octopus. And with octopi it’s slightly different because they rarely get much beyond heavy petting, whereas macaques probably have a disturbing-coloured penis and actually do something recognisably like bonking only in a way that is profoundly, utterly wrong.

😯

showerman
    Free Member

im with plusnet and since they put their new spam software in place have had non not one single spam so a big hand to plusnet from me

Del

use on online mail provider like yahoo or hotmail and spam and viruses are dealt with before they get anywhere near whatever computer you happen to be using.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Masses of SPAM?’ is closed to new replies.