Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Marzocchi Z1 BAMs
  • t-p26
    Free Member

Yes the original 1997 orange one. Disc tabs on both legs, nice! But I only want to run a disc on the "normal" side. Which brake caliper/mount?
    Anyone able to help?

Zedsdead
    Free Member

Yep, a great fork indeed.

The problem you will have is that those were designed with their own 'standard' mount which was designed for a specific brake – can't remember which off the top of my head – a Hope caliper No. 5 maybe from a C2? The bolt spacing is different.

Anyhow, there is a way around this. I made up set of adapter plates to run IS brakes. My XT 4 pots to be precise. I think I still have it? If not I could be persuaded to make up another (I still have the drawings) for some beer tokens…

Olly
    Free Member

i have a pair of Z1 bams in orange, (except some vandal hammerited them black) with an IS disk tab on the left leg only.
    the bridge brace thing is cracked, and a stantion is scratched a bit so they leak, but OTHER than THAT they are fine.

any use to you?
    (they are cluttering up my life at the moment)

t-p26
    Free Member

Zedsdead. So your designed adapter will allow the said fork to take an IS brake caliper? I would be able to fit either a Hope C2 or a Hayes nine with 185mm rotors
    If so yes please I`ll take one. How much beer would you be considering(pints 😉 )

Zedsdead
    Free Member

Correct. I'll go double check and see if I still have it. I'll also measure it to confirm but I am certain that it was indeed 185mm rotors I used…

I'm studying (hence the delay in reply) for exams this Monday and Tuesday but I'll have a rummage at some point and get back to you ASAP.

Cheers

Zedsdead
    Free Member

Hi t-p 26

I found the adaptor. Now, I can't remember if I used a 185 rotor or a 160 rotor? I have an excellent condition Shimano 160 rotor wihch makes me think it might have been that which I used?

Anyhow, if you're interested then let me know.

Cheers

t-p26
    Free Member

YGM

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Marzocchi Z1 BAMs’ is closed to new replies.