Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Marzocchi Set Up Issues
  • Jammy111
    Free Member

Just got my hands on some 06 66 rc2x's with 170mm travel.

When trying to set the sag at around 30% i cant get anywhere near it, even without any preload in. I think this is because i only weight 70kg. I can get the sag to about 2cm maximum (measured when sat on the bike on a flat surface if this is the correct way to do it)

Ive got both the compression dials wound fully off when trying to do this so they shouldn't be interfering.

Anyone got any advice on how to get them set up properly?

James

retro83
    Free Member

Are you sitting or standing when you're doing this?

hugorune

Think you might need a softer spring mate. Have you tried MTBR? they usually have loads of advice on fork set up.

retro83
    Free Member

Sorry can't read. Shouldn't you be setting sag in the 'attack position'?

GeForceJunky

Are these air or normal preload? I ran my 05's with negative air pressure in the air preload which helps alot.

Jammy111
    Free Member

ok just tried setting it in 'attack position' – still can only get about 2.5-3cm of sag when i need around 5cm. Also doing a 1.5ft to flat drop i only got to about 12cm of travel and cant get past the 12cm mark when 'pogoing' around on tarmac.

I also replaced the oil with 5wt to see if this would make much difference- it doesnt.

I've heard things about removing one of the springs and only having one in. Is this correct? Or should i just get softer springs? If so where do i get em from and how much do they cost?

James

Jammy111
    Free Member

geforce junky – just air preload so far as i can tell. 2 air valves on top of each leg. How do you get negative pressure into a valve?

kimbers

compress the fork, let all the air out then close the valve: -ve spring

you sure oil heights arent too high if not need a softer spring

fozzybear
    Free Member

jammy u got the right amount of oil in? to much causes issues like your talking about.

also speak to tftuned V helpful for setup info FOC..

Jammy111
    Free Member

just changed the oil myself- 190cc's in each leg. I'm pretty sure this is correct.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I weigh possibly jsut under 80kg and I thought I was getting to much sag on mine.

I'd recheck the oil, Marzocchi told me to put 140cc in the right hand leg of my Z1's, which physically wouldnt fit.

Make sure theres enough room in the legs for when the springs are full compressed etc.

Are you wearing all of your riding gear aswell? Might make a difference

I've also heard of people running no springs in some marzocchi forks, just air. You could try it with one spring

kimbers

marzocchi have been known to get their oil heights completely wrong in the manual

fozzybear
    Free Member

CALL TFTUNED 😉

Jammy111
    Free Member

i feel bad calling people for advice when the chances are i wont actually be buying anything from them.

However looks like i may have to.

Jammy111
    Free Member

Just had a go at putting -ve air into the preload chambers. Looks like this may have done the trick for the moment.

molgrips
    Free Member

i feel bad calling people for advice when the chances are i wont actually be buying anything from them.

TFTuned don't mind this – they correctly believe that creating a good customer experience raises their reputation and encourages loyal business 🙂

Btw I'll buy the forks off you if you can't get them sorted… 🙂

fozzybear
    Free Member

honest call TF they are great.

just spoke to them not 15 mins ago about an issue…

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Marzocchi Set Up Issues’ is closed to new replies.